Front brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane34

Reaction score
Gday all! Can anyone tell me where i can get a front brake assembly for my 250cc Atomik Hummer the caliper bolt holes need to be 60mm c/c. Im havin a real hard time tryin to find one for it. Iv looked on ebay and cant find one and i also rang Atomik direct but im waiting to hear back from them. Any help would be grateful, Cheers!

i wonder if atomik fury front brakes would fit? after all the fury is pretty much an updated version of the hummer, i'll do some lookin

Yea m8 iv seen all them I dont think they'll fit. See thats the thing too I dont know for sure if the caliper mount and front wheel with the brake disc are the originals either so that makes it harder.

Well after all the ebay/internet searching i still cant find a front caliper with 60mm c/c holes. So whats my next option? This might be a dumb question but can i swap the mount for a different one? If so are they hard to get off. Or will i have to get a caliper custom made? Heres a couple picks of what iv got.

motor bike 002.jpg

motor bike 014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well mate, i can confirm that atomik fury front breaks will not fit. the bolt holes on the forks are 50mm c/c. i am sure there is a caliper u could use, as for getting a custom one, i think u'd end up paying a fortune for something like that....

try emailing an atomik hummer dealer on ebay to see if you can sort something out with him,
or see if he knows of any other dealers. if not you might have to get new forks.

if you were closer i could find a caliper and make up a mount for you.
are you coming to adelaide at any stage ?

yeah i know where Kalangadoo is.
i'll be in Mt G around March sometime, but wont have all my tools/welder etc with me
i will keep an eye out for the brake parts and let you know if i find anything suitable.

yeah i know where Kalangadoo is.
i'll be in Mt G around March sometime, but wont have all my tools/welder etc with me
i will keep an eye out for the brake parts and let you know if i find anything suitable.
Thanks my67xr that would be great. Much appreciated.

found this on a Canadian site while searching, bit expensive though ?
http://pocketrocket99.tripod.com/parts-250cc-dirt-bike.html

maybe ask this seller from ebay, he may have something ?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hydrauli..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c32ab755&_uhb=1

Cheers but yea it does look a bit expensive but it depends how much postage is, if that $100 includes postage ill grab it. I tried clicking on the visa buy it now icon to find out but it all i get is (error Your purchase couldn't be completedThere's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later) on the paypal page. As for the ebay seller iv sent them 2 messages over the last 2 weeks without a reply. Iv sent a few messages to ebay sellers still waiting for a couple to reply.

Cheers but yea it does look a bit expensive but it depends how much postage is, if that $100 includes postage ill grab it. I tried clicking on the visa buy it now icon to find out but it all i get is (error Your purchase couldn't be completedThere's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later) on the paypal page. As for the ebay seller iv sent them 2 messages over the last 2 weeks without a reply. Iv sent a few messages to ebay sellers still waiting for a couple to reply.

Well i contacted the Canadian site about the parts and i got a reply saying that he doesnt have a paypal account but he does accept credit card direct, and i should give him a list of what im after so he can quote me a price with shipping included. I replied that i dont make purchases online unless its through paypal. The reply i got was this.... Sorry no paypal.
I've been in business of 8 years, I'm approve by Helcim credit card company.
My other company is cyclelution and I sell bikes there.
I checked out this Helcim credit card company and it looks as though they are a company similar to paypal i think. It maybe ligit but all the same i think ill pass plus like you said my67xr they're a bit pricey.... Im thinking im just gunna bite the bullet and get a caliper off ebay closest to what im after and modify it to fit...

Latest posts

Back