Front Clutch lever - Lifan 125cc primary drive gear removal

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googe00

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am wanting to replace my Lifan(Manual front clutch lever model) 125cc Primary clutch drive gear and bush. All the videos i have seen online show that this gear should just pull off by hand, however the only videos i have been able to find are models with the top mounted clutch lever. Are they the same, should my gear just pull of by hand or is the front clutch lever models done differently? I have tried everything to pull the gear off, its just stuck on. Im sure it;s something simple. Any help is appreciated.

In order to remove the primary drive gear (#15) and bushing (#5), you have to remove the clutch nut (#16) with a special tool like this one

SL70 clutch diagram-1.png

Last edited:
IMG_0760.jpg

Thanks Dirtbkr188, Ive circled the gear that i want to remove above. Also a totally unrelated question, but the oil pump(Yellow gear) is that meant to have a plate that bolts on over top or is the gear exposed like this?

I have that tool and the clutch is removed, In your diagram im guessing this is part i need to remove is #15 and #5, pulling on the gear does not remove it, I have even tried to lever it with a large screw driverbut it wont move. Any ideas?

J

Last edited:
Usually, there is a 2/3's cover over the oil pump drive gear, two of the mounting holes for it are visible in the pic.

Remove the big primary driven gear to the left of the small gear, and see if the drive gear then slides off the crankshaft end. It looks like you've already removed the lockring (or circlip) that holds it in place on the mainshaft.
You may have to hit the end of the crankshaft with some emery paper to remove any small burrs that could prevent the drive gear from sliding off.

Latest posts

Back