fuel leak

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtney

Reaction score
hi, my friends sons motor bike has a fuel leak coming from the over flow when you turn the fuel tap off it stops but when its turned on it leaks out really fast. i seen another man on here had the same problem and was told to check the float? what is the float and how can i check it?

Hi Courtney, Welcome to Miniriders!

It could be 2 things. Most likely the carboretter that your sons bike came with is a Mikuni PZ Which are known for playing silly buggers but you can get them to work right if you dont want to buy a better carb.

1. the float level could be off i know how to do it but im not the best at explaining it as ive done it once and dont want to make it worse but someone will clear that up. When you pull off the carb look underneath it and their will be a few screws take them out then what comes off is called a bowl it holds all of the fuel inside the carby. Then you will see a plastic thing that goes up and down that is called the float. You can adjust the level at which it sits at and this will determin how much fuel...

OR

2. It could be the over flow screw. Their should be a screw at the bottom of the carby as well with a hose connected when you unscrew this the fuel from inside the carby will drain. So if its loose thats what will happen but it does sound like the float.

Sean01 will be able to help you out with this hes like the picaso of painting but in the mini bike mechanics field. lol

good luck

Hi Courtney, it's safe to say the issue will be a poorly set float...
What state are you in, we can probably steer you towards one of the more senior members to help out setting the Float properly and getting your son up and mobile again.

Welcome to miniriders!

Latest posts

Back