Fuel pump question 125cc zongshen

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kragen customs

Reaction score
I am doing a build using a zongshen 125cc engine with a sheng wey carburetor. In my case the gas tank is sitting lower than the engine. Will I need to use a gas pump of some kind? Also any tips on first startup is appreciated. Will I have to get fuel to the carb before i Start crankin it up. It has an electric start btw.

yes you will definitely need fuel to the carb before you try start it!
you will also need a pump of some kind if the tank is lower than the carb.
is this for a go-kart or something like that??

Easiest option is a go kart fuel pump. Drill and thread a barb into the intake valve cover plate(or get a valve cover fitting for a catch can) so you can run a hose for the pulse line of the pump. Did it on a go kart where the tank sat on the floor plate of the kart (tank filler was at the height of the very bottom of motor) and worked a treat. If your running a battery a low pressure electric pump would work too.

Easiest option is a go kart fuel pump. Drill and thread a barb into the intake valve cover plate(or get a valve cover fitting for a catch can) so you can run a hose for the pulse line of the pump. Did it on a go kart where the tank sat on the floor plate of the kart (tank filler was at the height of the very bottom of motor) and worked a treat. If your running a battery a low pressure electric pump would work too.

Thank you for the input. I have started it and will probably use a vacuum fuel pump.

I just build a shifter gokart with a 125 cc pit bike motor. My gas tank sit lower then the carb. How do I hook up a fuel pump and what bend fuel pump I should buy. ANYONE.

Latest posts

Back