FUEL SWITH ON OR OFF?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRWDGW

Reaction score
I have a novice inquiry - I'm curious to know thoughts on whether or not it really matters if I switch fuel to "off" position after each days ride. It makes sense to do this if not riding for a couple of weeks, but what about over a day or so?

I never do , i usually ride every few days on my land .

If they go on the car i turn them off when i can remember to .

Makes sense - Its just something I never really thought about. Thanks for responding.

if i had lad i would ride every day.... but cause i only get to ride once every 2 weeks it gets turned off alot..

Cool, thanks. I guess unless I know I won't be riding for an extended period then I'll just let it be - it'll force me to make the time to ride!

I usually turn the fuel off when I'm riding back to the car or wherever to use up the left over fuel still sitting in the carb. I only do that because I never know how many weeks it will be before I ride again, and people tell me letting the fuel sit in your carby for a long time is what blocks jets.
Could be wrong but that's what I do :)

That makes sense - I appreciate the feedback - again, it's one of those things I haven't really paid any mind to. Thanks.

I usually turn mine off after every ride. Some times I'm back in a matter of hours to ride, sometimes its two weeks. There is natural gas furnace nearby and if the carb were to leak a bunch of gas over two weeks of not checking it there would be a serious fire hazard IMO. Just good habit to prevent trouble if you ask me.

Note- I have quads and other stuff that have much larger gas tanks so its habit for me on everything.

I agree - that's good practice - you never can be too careful - Thanks amigo

Definition of SWITH: instantly, quickly
Origin of SWITH
Middle English, strongly, quickly, from Old English swīthe strongly, from swīth strong; akin to Gothic swinths strong, Old English gesund sound — more at sound
First Known Use: 13th century

Grammer Nazi strikes ;) on the tech side of things I used to use them religously on my old bikes, cause if you don't they piss out fuel everywhere while transprting... I still use it now but only if i remember.

Definition of SWITH: instantly, quickly
Origin of SWITH
Middle English, strongly, quickly, from Old English swīthe strongly, from swīth strong; akin to Gothic swinths strong, Old English gesund sound — more at sound
First Known Use: 13th century

Grammer Nazi strikes ;) on the tech side of things I used to use them religously on my old bikes, cause if you don't they piss out fuel everywhere while transprting... I still use it now but only if i remember.

+1 for that. on my trailer ive forgotten to turn the switch off before. i get home fuel all over the trailer.

i just always turn mine off mate, but thats just a habit i have have done it ever since i leant to ride.

Latest posts

Back