Garage Sale special with one problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipster1967

Reaction score
I just bought a pockletbike from a garage sale and it is a 49cc engine And after tinkering with it a biot I got it to start. The only problem I have is that there is no power to the wheel. If I rev it up with the rear tire off the ground it will spin but you can stop it with your hand. There seems to be no power coming off the clutch. The gearbox consists of a clutch with two arms that open against a drum when the engine revs high enough and that turns a small gear which is connected to the drum and that turns a larger gear that is connected to the sprocket which turns the chain I have already checked the clutch "throw out" and that seems to work fine. (I took the gearbox off and started the thing and the clutch starts to throw out the two fingers at about half throttle.) the drum "seems" to be tight on the gear connection but I am not sure. There doesn;t look to be any key-way to keep the drum from spinning on the gear shaft so that might be the cause but since I don;t know what kind of wengine I got I am hesitant about buying a new clutch drum since I am not sure it will fit. Any suggestions on any of the following?
1. Finding out what kind of bike I got.
2. Where the power loss problem might be.
3.Suggestions on how to diagnose the cause of the power loss.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

look on ebay at all the pocket bikes 47cc and 49cc and copy the link then paste it back here.

maybe unhook the springs off the clutch and see if the arms move freely.
if not try some wd40 etc on the pivots.
don't spray too much around as it'll make the clutch slip if it gets on the friction material.

the friction material may be worn beyond use too ?
post up a couple of pics it could help us work it out

dont forget to drop by and say hello in our introduce yourself thread too

cheers , craig

how do the clutch shoes look compared to these ?

parts_500.jpg

HD%20Clutch.jpg

Latest posts

Back