gas shock $165 good?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack

Reaction score
im pretty shore its a good price but just checking no 1's seen them cheaper?
43_1_b.JPG

Another informative, unbiased reply by No-Fear. :p If you won't/can't answer the question, why bother posting a reply? :roll:

Jack, the shock is cheap enough & may be ok depending on your riding. If you want to upgrade to a better shock it's better to spend a bit more and get something like an Ishock. While there are better shocks around than an Ishock you will pay a fair bit more and that may not be worth it for you. You can get an Ishock for around $300.

Don't you love it how some people have this thing against ebay? Usually people who have payed too much for what they bought & have seen it much cheaper on ebay. Or have some vested interest. Most of stuff on ebay is the same as what you can buy at normal shops/dealers only it is cheaper on ebay. You can buy s*it on ebay just as you can buy s*it at normal shops/dealers. Accept the fact, ebay isn't going to disappear & is getting bigger everyday.

And you can get the Ishock on ebay :wink:

no fear needs a fucking beating, go look at his other posts, shut your mouth if you have nothing good to say

lmao, i said it's probably an ebay shock, therefore a hoax.
go get a real shock, eg ishock, elka, fox etc etc.
none of this no name bull shit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/I-HO...34284QQitemZ4571687665QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

There you go einstein.

If you actually read the item description you'd notice that postage is $US30 to australia and that it IS available on ebay.

I've been watching the forums for a while now and it seems that all No-Fear wants to do is big-note himself by going on about his totally awesome thumpstar that he's spent $5000 making "bulletproof", claiming that anything less is worthless.

People like us enjoy the sport for the sake of being able to get on our bikes and go off and have a good time. Its people like you that go round mouthing off other bikes that haven't cost as much or aren't as "bulletproof" that take the fun out of having these bikes.

Just thought i'd throw my thoughts in as it sh*ts me when people don't ever take into consideration "cheaper alternatives" when it might just be the most feasible thing to do.

/end rant

you get what you pay for. a 165 dollar shock is gunna perform like a 165 dollar shock...

so itll do the job, but for how long and how well. that is the question.
personally id save and get something decent

edit:read the shock as 170dollar

i dont want 2 hear ne bad comments now ive paid for it :lol:
i think its going 2 be better then the original, hopfully the original hold out for a bit though.

im shore it'll be fine :D
i guess u'll see will b posting alot of pics.

Jack- I'm sure you'll find the shock will be ok for normal riding, and a lot better than the original one.

macka- I agree 100%. You don't need the most expensive bike or parts to enjoy yourself and have fun. And this "anti ebay" thing is really wearing a bit thin. The people that bad mouth it should realise that it is a viable & less expensive alternative to normal shops. Unless you like paying more for the same product. :) If it wasn't for ebay you would still be paying $1000 for your cheap chinese cag pocket bike.

Yeah Ebay Rocks, this same shock at big50 is $249.
got the bike for $800.
stuff paying $4000 for a thumpstar my cr250 only cost me $2300.

looks like the one one the gt x125which my mate reckons is great i had a go it felt good to me too .i wanted a 03 deuce or an duc 748 but could only get the thumpstar love em all the same. 8)

jack, good choice u dont want to spend double the cost of the bike on a shock :? did u buy the shock from overseas? if you did it'll get stuck in customs my unlce im ported a lap top cost US$1000 australian customs sent him out a letter to say go pick it up and pay the import cost fees $400 :shock:

nah oz seller should have it by nxt weekend.

got my uni filter 2day, 1 day delivery sweet ;)

these shocks look suspiciously like the shocks we run on downhill bikes hey :? i dont suppose anyone who is running a fox shouck could chase up a serial number for me... just out of curiosity (and the fact that i can get a 5 way adjustable shock :twisted: )

macka said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/I-HONDA-SHOCK-CRF50-XR-50-crf-XR50-motorcycle-ishock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQitemZ4571687665QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

There you go einstein.

If you actually read the item description you'd notice that postage is $US30 to australia and that it IS available on ebay.

I've been watching the forums for a while now and it seems that all No-Fear wants to do is big-note himself by going on about his totally awesome thumpstar that he's spent $5000 making "bulletproof", claiming that anything less is worthless.

People like us enjoy the sport for the sake of being able to get on our bikes and go off and have a good time. Its people like you that go round mouthing off other bikes that haven't cost as much or aren't as "bulletproof" that take the fun out of having these bikes.

Just thought i'd throw my thoughts in as it sh*ts me when people don't ever take into consideration "cheaper alternatives" when it might just be the most feasible thing to do.

/end rant

read my post again, i said there are no 'REAL' ishocks located in australia on EBAY well done idiot, that shock is
Item location: Las Vegas, Nevada United States
and is $199USD which is $261AUS + $30USD which is $39AUS which equals $300AUS. why would u get that when u can get shocks in australia which will be better and are still around the $300 mark.

oks for ne1 thats interested i got my shock 2day and it mounts different (ill have to get the old man to make me a bracket).
so if u have the funny swing arm like mine the makes the chain looser when u sit on it then its not a direct fit.
im hoping it will still fit with a bracket as its going to make it bout 1 1/2" longer :shock:
so as long as this doesnt affect the chain and crap, looks like a kool shock though.
my bike
PB5.JPG

has any one changed from this swing arm to an alloy one?
a5_1_b.JPG

my only concern is that the bikes with this type of arm the top of the shock looks like its mounted back further ne comments?
MonsterMoto_95.jpg

see.

yeah the bikes with a full swing arm (like most mini bikes) the shock joins the frame a lot further up than the different MX style swing arm,
here is my bike and u can see how far up the frame the shock joins.
left%20side.JPG

thump%20shock.JPG

Latest posts

Back