Gear selecting problems yx160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 155z did a simalar thing I just tore it down an put it back together making sure it was in neutral hen I re assembled it an everything as been fine since..

Got the engine back today after me mate went over it and found nothing. Absolutely nothing to stop it from shifting. So I gunna replace all internal bearing, put it back together and hopefully fanging the crap out of it on the weekend!

reassembly in neutral is apparently the saviour, and shimming to suit any new sift drum and forks you put in. I'm in exactly the same boat bright now, luckily i found a copper thrush washer and circlip behind one of the gears snagging and not allowing it to shift or worse GET JAMMED. Stupid $1 copper washer and circlip! Betcha no one sells just those either, will have to buy a whole new gear set. HOURS of assembly, checking, pulling apart, shimming, reassembly, checking, pulling apart 57 times hahaha.

Yeah I saw, thanks mate. Don't think they will get here by Saturday though! Paul at braaap has them, saw him today, got millions he reckons, lol

Yeah I have loads: f those things laying around from my yx gearbox..

Dragin bikes at capalaba has them and you can try small wheel deals at moray field!
Got all new internal bearings today except 1 needle bearing ( roller bearing) that goes on the end of one of the gear shaft to the casing. Dhz had none and they only have them in a case upgrade kit. Tried 2 large bearing shops and even CBC bearings don't have them but a guy in there is gunna ring round and find one. Think I'm gunna by two in case a mate needs one if there that hard to come by. Ain't it funny when you go to get a bolt, bearing or anything and ya get those people at the counter who say Nuh don't have one. (Bluntly) and ya get others that say Nuh mate we don't have one of them but if you try here or here they may have one. There the guys ya wanna deal with

Which gear shaft is it the one with the clutch on or the one that the the sprocket goes on.. I'll have a look in my spares an see if I have one if I do I'll send it with the engine case you want.

You have the gen 3 case, I can get those needle bearings in Vic at braaap. I'm surprised DNS doesn't have them

Latest posts

Back