gearing ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krl062190

Reaction score
I have 17 tooth front sprocket and a 41 tooth on the back but know I'm like redlining to fast I the gears and in 4th I'm topping out at like 60 before with 35 tooth u was topping out like 69 70 71 sometimes 72 why am I going slower now ???

Hi,
The reason you’re going slower is because you’re running a lower gear now - you’ll accelerate faster and go up hills quicker but your top speed will be lower. Dropping a few teeth on the back will increase your top speed but you may find head winds, hills etc slow you down more. You have to find a happy medium. Have a look at Gearingcommander website. If your bike is on there (there is z50) you can play about with the sprocket sizes and see your top speed in all the gears.
Cheers
Mike

Hi,
The reason you’re going slower is because you’re running a lower gear now - you’ll accelerate faster and go up hills quicker but your top speed will be lower. Dropping a few teeth on the back will increase your top speed but you may find head winds, hills etc slow you down more. You have to find a happy medium. Have a look at Gearingcommander website. If your bike is on there (there is z50) you can play about with the sprocket sizes and see your top speed in all the gears.
Cheers
Mike

so If I want higher top speed I should drop from a 41 tooth in the rear to like 37 or 35 I'm now running a 18thooth ft sprocket and 41 in rear ..my goal is to be topping out at like 78 mph with out boreing out my bike because I yet have found one for my bike which is a ssr razkull 125

Yes - but then you run into the problem of losing power! Basically the higher the gear the more effort the engine will have to put in so eventually if you go too high you will start to go slower again! So you have to find a compromise. 78 shold be possible if you’re not too heavy. Have you played around with the carb at all?

Yes - but then you run into the problem of losing power! Basically the higher the gear the more effort the engine will have to put in so eventually if you go too high you will start to go slower again! So you have to find a compromise. 78 shold be possible if you’re not too heavy. Have you played around with the carb at all?

yes I have some I have a 26mm nibbi currently running a 38 pilot 108 main and jet needle on third position down from top

and bnb i do believe I have all the jets that I able to use just don't know which ones
yes I have some I have a 26mm nibbi currently running a 38 pilot 108 main and jet needle on third position down from top

OK well that’s a whole new subject, but if the bike is running ok now and the plug is a good colour then best to leave it and just play around with the sprockets.

OK well that’s a whole new subject, but if the bike is running ok now and the plug is a good colour then best to leave it and just play around with the sprockets.

trust me I know its whole new ball game when it comes to tuning I've been all the way up 130 main with 40 pilot down to 105 and 40 and now in at 38 pilot 108 or 105 I cant remember lol

trust me I know its whole new ball game when it comes to tuning I've been all the way up 130 main with 40 pilot down to 105 and 40 and now in at 38 pilot 108 or 105 I cant remember lol

I do appreciate the advice though mike and always wanting Learn more more ..so thank you

Yeah I know the feeling lol. I’m happy to help with any problems if I can without actually getting my hands dirty! Have fun!

Latest posts

Back