Gears are stuck!!! Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyT

Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm new to this site and dont really know where to post this but i need help.

I have had my 125cc pitbike (cheaper one off ebay) for more than a year with never any problems. I hadn't riden for about a month or two and took it out today and the gears didn't feel right. then i stalled in gear and now a cant shift out. when i try to shift down it just makes a clicking sound and the gear pedal wont even move when pulled up..... can anyone guide me through tryin to figure this out.

This sucks :action-smiley-003:

Cheers

did you leave it outside in the rain by any chance?
did you change the oil before starting it for the first time after sitting for a month or 2?

I do leave it outside under a tarp, and with the windy and wet weather i have had recently it may have been rained on, so lets say, yes,

And no, i didn't change the oil before riding it after the month, only after it had stuffed up...

It sounds like you might have an idea to what has gone wrong?

Cheers, Tom

What Rip is trying to say is that your oil could have water in it which would cause that problem. I would be dropping the oil and checking the color. If it's a milky white, that's what has hapened.

water has a funny way off getting inside your bike if you leave it outside whether you throw a tarp over it or not.....

i went through trails on mine and we crossed a stream.... about 5 ft across, and maybe 1 ft deep on one side, and like 3ft deep on the other.... well needless to say it was fun to cross.... so we kept doing it.... then just like dvd said.... my oil was a funky white color... ( I didnt know this yet ) i got home and took bike off the trailer and decided to just cruise the neighborhood for a few minutes..... for a calm street ride without all the bumps jumps and fun stuff... I started the ride... took off..... got about oooooooh maybe 5 blocks and into 3rd gear.... then went to second approaching a corner.... and got stuck there..... had to cruise it alll the way back in 2nd becasue the oil's viscosity had degraded to the point where it literally did nothing to help.... if you leave it outside.... plan on lots of oil changes...

if you leave it sitting for over a month, the oild change should be first priority, and fuel check.... I used to always disconnect the fuel like to bleed the bubble after its been sitting and let it fill back up with better fuel... starts like a champ, runs like one too.... take care of that bike and it will last yah for a while, dont matter if its china, it matters how you take care of it, and how you ride it

have fun riding, =) 2 Wheels 1 Love

What Rip is trying to say is that your oil could have water in it which would cause that problem. I would be dropping the oil and checking the color. If it's a milky white, that's what has hapened.

when I changed the oil after the problem occured, the oil was the normal used oil colour, no milky white colouring.....

also refering to what 140 addict said, my bike started up fine and as i took it down the street for a little cruise to run the cob webs out, i think it was when i was going round a bend shifting from 3rd to 2nd when i jammed and i was forced to walk it home with the clutch in, the clutch isn't the best either and doesn't always completely pull out of gear.

cheers for the help all. Starting to sound like it may cost more to figure out the problem and fix it than what i paid for the bike haha

could it be clutch related considering you were having problems with it beforehand - maybe adjust the clutch see if you can get it loose

yeah these little horizontals arent so hard to work on, just dont get too easily discouraged and you will get it.... feel way more rewarding when you did the work yourself aswell becasue then you also gained the mechanical knowledge of the problem...

They probably won't reply mate, this threads nearly 5 years old :)

Post dates are on the top left in the red bar on each persons post. :thumbup:

43920861.jpg

Latest posts

Back