*Getting Bikes setup right* (Mods & Tips)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah there worth it but there probably not worth putting on the 125cc wait for the 140cc save a lot of time and hassle.

that cdi you gave the link for are the same ones on ebay and are like $30 cheaper. you really should look around properly.

If you get the IRK you dont need the CDI unit as they come with there own unit.
Oil wise dont use any synthetic oils mineral only I run Motul 1000 in mine and never had any problems.
I suggest you save for the 140 outlaw motor. Great motor and to get all the stuff done yourself will cost far more then the purchase of one, plus you can sell the old motor.

Yea Thats tru mate, But im not racing so spending a coulple of hundred on it will do.. but i might Advertise the standard Motor, And see what happends...

Also the CDI that comes with IRK is it a Race CDI or?

Thanks for the help guys, Cheers Blair....

With the cdi you have to use that one that comes with it, a normal one wont work as they operate differntly and plus you set the timing with the IRK manually, with the other "race" cdis they are programmed to change the ignition curve electornicly.
Also about the pipe dont waste your money or pro circuit get a H-Bomb off dhz on ebay great pipe and good price too, I use one on my motovert outlawy motor and works a treat.
The 140 from dhz is a good base to start moding from but if your only going to spend a little bit mod your 125 as it wont take much to get it going quicker than a DHZ 140.
Hope this helps.

Steve

Yes it is alot for a motor but its a good price for what you get, you can not even compare the DHZ 140 to the motovert motor, The motovert motor is a full race motor straight out the box, IRK, 141cc, bigger cam, balanced crank, strengthened gearbox etc.
You just need to toss up how quick you want your bike. Power always comes at a cost unfortunatly.

my 140 lifan with no mods went about the same as my 125 lifan with a IRK (no oil slinger tho)... my 140 with irk and oil slinger goes great :)

jetting is very important too tho. im going to play around with jetting this week, might go up a size or two on the main and see if she breathes any better up top.

once the fuel is right im gonna start advancing the timing... not sure how far to take it, but as long as its making its best power and not pinging then ya cant lose ;)

would love to see if those 'race' cdi's do anything... might look at a cam later if im still hungry for power

No worries boys.. its not to take the traffic away from this forum hopefully more to give those asking the 'Questions' to have a resource to look at before they start.

Those who plan on taking apart their engine or doing ANY of the mods it would be great if you could take the time for YOUR OWN PICS and possibly the way you did it, should it be a different motor, or something they may have left out.

Possibly WE as a forum can make our own HOW TO GUIDE, DETAILED, INFORMATIVE and OURS(with the knowledge, you HIGHLY consider to its format, you will be acknowldged.) covering all kind of bikes.

Just an idea, hit me back with some opinions or posts..

Possibly have a INFORMATIVE POST OF THE MONTH, giving detailed pictures of what you have done, HOW YOU HAVE DONE IT, the bike you are riding, what tools you had to use/make/makeshift:D. etc. how the mods have improved/disadvantged your bike, how much it roughly cost, why you learnt in the process, Would you suggest this modification be done and Why and for whom!?? How long you have been riding?

forks

my 140 lifan with no mods went about the same as my 125 lifan with a IRK (no oil slinger tho)... my 140 with irk and oil slinger goes great :)

jetting is very important too tho. im going to play around with jetting this week, might go up a size or two on the main and see if she breathes any better up top.

once the fuel is right im gonna start advancing the timing... not sure how far to take it, but as long as its making its best power and not pinging then ya cant lose ;)

would love to see if those 'race' cdi's do anything... might look at a cam later if im still hungry for power
how did those forks turn out for ya were they worth the money give us all a report

how did those forks work out.were they worth the money.give us all a report now they have done some work!

i did a report in my 'fitted fastace forks' thread :p

yes they are worth it, best mod you can do.

Yea Ill stick with standard Motor, taking her for a run tonight at TTG MX track... So after that ill see how much more power im guna need..

Cheers :)

ok, quick question, I just got a pit bike, how tight should i tension my chain? at the moment its pretty damn tight but all my other bigger dirt bikes have been a little loose, any help would be much appreciated

i have snaped my hub from having it 2 tight so make sure u have about 2cm slack from the swing arm

yeah about 20mm is right... but measure it when you're sitting on the bike

Latest posts

Back