*Getting Bikes setup right* (Mods & Tips)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what did happen to this thread? no wonder ive never bothered checkig it out before... my hand hurts, i just smashed my old obsolete printer cause it wont feed paper:eek:
but it did lst night:(

ye i want to get a MSO140s but i dont know where to start with mods? wat do you guys recon

pro taper bars, if if it has an KMC chain get an RK or D.I.D, unifilter
that's all I can think of for now, that's just the standard stuff that all pittys need

i jus got a new atomik lifan 140 at mid revvs it makes a ringin sound n then gos away wen i go faster wat could it be also wat can i do to increase power
thanks

I came up with a new design for a rear shock protector. Its just some old tube off my big bike but i'm pretty sure a 3.0 x 12 mini tube would have worked and actually been a nicer fit its just that I didnt want to cut one up.

Photo-0005.jpg

Photo-0006.jpg

Its way better than the plastic mudflap that I had on before

that 16t front and 34t rear what size motor would u set that up for? i ride on a track that u can pretty much do 2nd gear all the way but the straight could go another gear, will changing the sprocket setup this way mean not having to go to 3rd gear

i have an atomik..was thinking foam air filter...definatly better handle bars cause i bent mine when i stacked..i think just trying to replace any of that shit house aluminium...maybe a quick turn throttle and some nice grips... customizing is up to you...but i know from experience that the bars on them are weak
cheers

VERRY true mate, i took out a bridge on my 110 in 3rd gear when it was wet (mist + mist)

and it snapped my bars in 2 places, also, the rear break lever is VERRRRRY weak as i stomped in it with some1 on the back for a joke and snapped it, i had the bike for 2 days before it happend and was verry gentel with it untill the 1 time i stomped on it

also, deffinitly replace that sitty excuse for a rear shock, i loosend the spring and shock absorber, and the bloody thing was still stiff as nails.

-Corey

just wondering whether any one here has a complete stock 125cc chinese import and whether they know what its top sped is without any mods on the bike

i have a completely stock 110 thumpstar, got booked doing 104Kph on the way home from work

(yes i no stupid thing to do by riding any type of streets but i needed to get to work as i have been late aloth these days)

why dont u go and get a 30$ shitty tacho from k-mart or somthing, i got one that reads up to 120 from a bike shop, and it has the option to set up your weel size, as normally they are set up for 20-24 ince wheels depending on the brand, but this one could also be set up for an 18 inch weel , but just be carefull that u secure the wires proply, i got half way thru the driveway and my cord was rapped arund the spokes where the magnet was ment to go... whata waste of 40$, but yeah i have seen 30$ @ K-mart

good luck

-Corey

with the sprockets does it matter wat size you have on the front and back??coz i was thinking a bout getting a 37t rear sprocket.

how many teeth does your back sprocket have now? a smaller rear sprocket gives you more speed or a larger sprocket gives you more acceleration
do a search there's heaps of sprocket info here

Hi the 1st few post i read about re enforcing the frame....how do i go about doing so?

Just wondering whether any one here has a complete stock 125cc chinese import and whether they know what its top sped is without any mods on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah really good posts covering almost all the info about getting your bikes performance up by doing various modification and also letting the person know doing what modifications will lead to what sort of results and will enhance performance in what specific part. Thus giving him exact picture about what purchases are required to be made as per the individuals requirements.

look at the post date at the top left of each post.
this thread was started back in 2006, Pitrac3r hasn't posted here since 10/2006

Last edited:
Haha yea
All good ay was askin 'pitracer' a question cuz he started the thread and I automaticity think top post is the most recent one :action-smiley-003:

you can change it to display like that if you want,
there's an option in your user settings, almost at the top left of the page below you username

Latest posts

Back