*Getting Bikes setup right* (Mods & Tips)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitRac3r

Reaction score
First Things To Put On A Stock 125 Chinese Import?

hey guys
just wondering what would u suggest i do first to my bike in aftermarket performance parts??
thanks for your help
cheers chris

i have an atomik..was thinking foam air filter...definatly better handle bars cause i bent mine when i stacked..i think just trying to replace any of that shit house aluminium...maybe a quick turn throttle and some nice grips... customizing is up to you...but i know from experience that the bars on them are weak
cheers

replace the bolts with better quality ones, 1/4 throtle, mini pro tapers, re-enforce frame, new chain (sooner or later it will snap), chunky tires when you neeed to replace and maby a different sprocket set up

Peg mounts first and re-enforce frame then make it perform better.. Air Filter, Port match the inlet mainfold then start on the rest, Rear shock, Better Tyres (mainly for better grip) , Change the Chain is a good idea aswell..

1/4 turn throttle is what it says it is... you only have to turn the throttle 1/4 of a turn to go from 0 to Wide Open...

Some bikes have 1/2 or more thottles which sucks arse IMO.

1/4 throttle actually turns 40 degrees where as a normal throttle turns 90 degrees....

Ive just got a similar model,

How exactly do you re-enforce the frame?

replace the bolts with better quality ones, 1/4 throtle, mini pro tapers, re-enforce frame, new chain (sooner or later it will snap), chunky tires when you neeed to replace and maby a different sprocket set up

^^^:rolleyes:
exactly my thoughts but with one addition
gripper seat and high foam base

gripper seat and high foam base

1/4 throtle

i personaly thing these do not increase its performance... if you want a bang for buck... i would sujest going 16t front and 34t rear... this will increase the speed off ur bike, but and will have a large affect on 1st gear... but the question is, do you want the bike to make more power? last longer? or go faster?

if its all 3 id do everything that have been mentioned previously...

also what kind off bike are you running?

i personaly thing these do not increase its performance... if you want a bang for buck... i would sujest going 16t front and 34t rear... this will increase the speed off ur bike, but and will have a large affect on 1st gear... but the question is, do you want the bike to make more power? last longer? or go faster?

if its all 3 id do everything that have been mentioned previously...

also what kind off bike are you running?

there not for performace reasons but mainly to make the bike more ridable as u dont wqnt the bike riding u do u? :)

unless you have good experience in riding; forget the 1/4 turn type throttle as this type of unit is very very responsive for the novice. you must get used to your engine power from low down especially, otherwise you will flip and loose.

does the stock thumpstar have 1/2 or 1/4 throttle?

so basically

*New chain
*1/4 Throttle
*16 front 34 Rear Sprocket
*A huge amount of locktight
*Filter
*Good Oil

just wondering whether any one here has a complete stock 125cc chinese import and whether they know what its top sped is without any mods on the bike

Stock Atomik Avenger top speed

just wondering whether any one here has a complete stock 125cc chinese import and whether they know what its top sped is without any mods on the bike

About 65 - 70 km/h but the minute you release that throttle

the engine braking slows you down a hell of alot

I would agree with this. Maybe a bit faster down hills. Haven't actually got a speed reading on mine but it seems around 70.

What advantage does a new air filter give you from the stock ones that come with Atomiks?

ie. sound better, look better, power?

sound better (yep), look better (yep), power? (NOT....)

I would agree with this. Maybe a bit faster down hills. Haven't actually got a speed reading on mine but it seems around 70.

What advantage does a new air filter give you from the stock ones that come with Atomiks?

ie. sound better, look better, power?

I have just put a new pod foam filter on my 'Atomik Avenger'
(I hate that name) No real performance sound.
It just gets rid of that plastic sucking sound you get when you rev it. Also better air cleaning and easier to clean. I cut off the old ignition sock ans screwed on a new NGK sock, this totally removed the flat spot (I have heard lots og guys complaining about this) keep it rich aswell. The China Igintion sock is full of faults, continuity is not there

hey motard doogs i was just wondering what u mean by ignition sock?? what part is it? is it the part conected to the spark plug not the wire but the thing that covers it?

So what type of bike do you have Motard Doogs cause mine has a top speed of 96km/h stock and that was with a nearly bald tire. Also i'm gonna get a new rear sprocket but not to sure on whether i should get a 37 or 35 tooth.

Last edited:
hey guys my orion 125cc has a top speed of 87-94 km and i was wondering the same thing bout what performance parts to get and where to find them?
As i Live in a remote are the bike shop here is shit. so i was just thinkin where to get the parts to replace the chinese shit.

Latest posts

Back