Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate - the engine is rock solid and parts are available everywhere - since the same Zongshen and Locin engines go into a vast array of bikes.

With the frame, most things are fixable - but a spare set of swingarms and suspension bearings wouldn't go amiss.

The front forks might become difficult to replace, although they may use these same units on other models like the Blitz - I'm just not sure. The rear shock is however quite different compared to most other bikes - so carrying a spare one of these makes good common sense.

The front wheel has a 12mm axle, whereas most others now are 15mm, so I'd consider both a front and back wheel. While you're about it, you might as well fit these with different tyres to your primary set, so you can cover a few terrain types.

That's really about it - although some small parts like intake manifolds and airboxes are always a good to pick up when you find them cheap. At the end of the day, there are a number of other air-filter and intake systems which can be adapted to the Hummer - but it can sometimes prove a bugger of a job to fit them!

If you type "Motorcycle Parts" into e-bay and then narrow down the search options from there, you will often find hummer compatible parts for sale cheaply. Be careful though - since many items labled as Hummer parts aren't!
Check the measurements (if shown) and if they are not provided, request the info before you bid ("ask the seller a question").

I tend to take a laid back (but ongoing) approach to acquiring spares, and grab them when they're cheap. As a typical example - I picked up a complete set of spare plastcs for my bike for $5.00! The postage was another $12.00 - but thats still a good buy! (By the way - spare plastics are also good spares to carry).

My spare wheels I picked up from Getfit for $35.00 - but spare disk rotors and mounting bolts proved more difficult and expensive to source that the wheels!

Generally though, the cost of spares is only a problem if you're in a hurry - whereas picking up spare parts at your leisure is generally a fairly cheap experience. You can also make a few bucks on the side, when somebody needs a particular part you have in a hurry!

Hope that helps mate.

Thanks a heap for all your info Rod.. But yes I am a little weary about some places advertising their parts as hummer compatible but actually aren't, hence my questions as to where to get good spares from!!

I'll certainly invest in grabbing most of what you've suggested, although hoping I never really have to use any of it! If only it were that simple..

I may take some time to go back through this massive thread and write down all measurements and junk for the different bits and pieces just in case I can find anything off ebay or the like that has good prices on aftermarket bits.. As these things are becoming more popular with more support up and coming! Hopefully the trend continues..

Thanks again for your help Rod.. The way you're going you'd be able to start up your own Hummer business, aftermarket sales and service!

Still waiting for a product report from anyone who has bought a new Kuda Pro from Atomik with the Loncin engine.

Any contributors?

Still waiting for a product report from anyone who has bought a new Kuda Pro from Atomik with the Loncin engine.

Any contributors?

Mines on its way Rodbox I'll let you know as soon as it arrives next week. Been watching this site for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge !
As a previous owner of XR's YZ's KX's etc. I am not expecting to be able to do too much as I am now old and fat !! Though if I can keep up with the kids on their fourwheelers I'll be happy. I plan on putting it through a good test on the parents station out western queensland during the 1st / 2nd week of January (should be run in by then) so I will be able to give everyone a good roundup on the new bike then.

Last edited:
Mate at 105 KGs I can sympathyse!

I don't think the bike will be quite up to the power levels of your previous rides - but the configuration looks good and I recon it'll be good and managable to ride.

I've been happy with the earlier model Hummer - and I'd be very surprised if the new one isn't even better!

Look forward to your report.

I have had a atomik hummer for the past 2 years and just bought a Kuda pro my mates have atomik links i must say not a bad bike until i started getting over the top vibration when i pulled down the motor a 250cc loncin i was dissapointed to see the down grade of components from earlier motors from loncin. The clutch cluster is now held in place with a circlip and side movement of approx 8mm causing unbalance. I had my mates 08 link in the workshop to replace timing chain had a look at his clutch to find a locking nut retaining the cluster the same with my hummer all motors loncin. I went back to atomik and questioned why a critical part was down graded but the cost of there bike has gone up. My solution was to remove spline shaft and machine a thread and install locking nut.

That's disappointing - let's hope they pick up on it and go back to the original lock-nut system.

In the meantime I'm sure the other folks who read thread would like to have a look at your fix. Maybe you could post a couple of photo's and some specs for the size thread you cut etc.

Thanks for the feed-back mate.

There's a few genuine Hummer spares for sale on e-bay at the moment.

Items of value include brake pads, & brake assemblies, wheel rims, carbies, body plastics and swing arm bearings.

Just type "Hummer" into the e-bay search - and then narrow down to motorcycle parts. Be careful to check the item specs however, since not all items are genuine Hummer parts.

New Atomik Kuda Pro is here !!!!

OK guys the new Atomik Kuda Pro has landed !

One thing I have discovered, our friends in China have the internet and read this forum !!! Seriously some of the bolts that have to be undone for suspension, brakes etc. are so tight you have to use a bar to undo them !! They must have done them up with rattle guns !! But anyway I digress.

Firstly the old man had a look and he is the first to point out if anything is wrong but no.. he was impressed with the build quality on the frame and mentioned that the bike looked like a straight copy of a XR250. (Trust me any praise from an old bushy is good !) Although the manual I got was for a watercooled model I made do and dived into the build.

There is NO Grease ANYWHERE on the bike... Make sure you have a tub ready before you put it together. Battery is a real bugger to fit but I spose this means it won't fall out in a hurry either. The cable for the throttle had fallen off in transit (or wasn't put on at factory) so I had to fit that on. You need very small fingers or lots of patience to fit this. ONE BIG thing, the handlebar operated choke has NO cable attached, the bike still uses the old fashioned choke actuated directly on the carb itself. Works fine but why fit the components on the handle bar ??? Rest of the build was pretty standard no dramas.

First time I started the bike (after changing the oil) it has started idling at around 3000 rpm according to the tacho. Obviously the carby needs adjusting but the screws are behind the throttle cable and are impossible to get at. I'll have a look tomorrow as I couldn't be bothered right now. Will let you know how things go.

In summary it appears the bike has improved again over previous models (from what I have read), the guys in the factory are getting serious about actually putting them together (though they did strip one bolt which I luckily had a spare for), but there are some niggly issues out of the box that remain.

More to come. :)

air box

on ebay i recently bought an airbox for a 250 cc quad bike. It was only about 16 dollars + postage from gold coast and it had a fairly long hose so i wasnt complaining...ill give a review when it arrives. I also bought a shock absorber off a honda xr350 because its the right length and the one on my bike has lost its oil. I might keep it as a spare. I have a feeling santa might bring me a new chain and sprocket set for christmas...:)
Everyone have a safe and merry christmas and holidays.

Kuda pro great bike shame about the SPARES

Went out riding last weekend and found the need for new front pads my mate broke his rear brake lever so rand Atomik in dandy no Spares the KUDA PRO pads and lever are different to other models such as Hummer. This is a great bike but will quickly become a typical chinese bike for lack of attention to supply spare parts. Note the parts i have requested are your typical spares. As for performance i found replace the rear sprocket 48 teeth to the 54 tooth hummer sprocket for greater torque on hill climbs in 2/3 gear suspension is great my mates has been adjusted for his weight. The bash plate has not been thought out for oil change i modified to allow drain access. As i stated eairlier the loncin engine needs work to the magneto shaft i fitted a locking nut 20mm fine thread instead of the circlip and locktite to the spline. I am looking for a second hand Kuda pro to wreck for parts as Atomik have been saying since the start of november 2 weeks and the parts will be in Just ring 97940590 and ask what spares they have CDI, chain, bars, and tank. What about the real parts that you need switches, motor parts and brakes!! On ebay i contacted a company in QLD Mikilon they are selling the same bike as the KUDA PRO and Fury they seem to have spares i have ordered some parts and will let you know if ok also Orion are selling the same bike. Õã½­³¬ÖÚ

Hi Guys,

Just returned from India, so haven't been online for a while.

Besides the Royal Enfield ($3500 for top of the line 500cc), there are plenty of other Indian road bikes such as the TVS, Bajaj and Honda Hero, which are all on the Indian market for around $1000.

You see them by the hundreds, thousands and millions in India and whilst they are mostly under 250cc, they are none-the-less good looking reliable bikes.

It really pisses me off that you can't buy them here - but having tried to get an import license for a Royal Enfield, I can tell you the Aus government has really tied shit up to protect their vested interest mates!

You might think you live in a free country - but when it comes to vested business interests I can assure all Aussies that they don't!!

The only way we get the Chinese dirt bikes on e-bay is because they're bought in as "parts" - but this means it's very difficult to get one road registered - even if it is compliant in engineering terms. I only see things getting worse as time goes on - so enjoy these bikes before the loop-holes are closed!

I read the comments above about the new Kuda - and it sounds as though there are a few things that could to be adressed.

The good thing is that doing custom mods on these bikes is cheap - and generally alternative parts can be picked up on e-bay for a song!

Like I said in an earlier post - the secret is to buy spares at your leisure and at the right price. Even if you don't use the spares (I haven't had a single broken part on the bike so far!), you can always sell them on for a profit when you buy a new bike and get rid of the old one.

look forward to seeing how the new models go after some riding!

I'm hearing rumors from the States about a 450cc version of the Hummer being put on the market next year.

Anybody else heard anything similar?

airbox

i fitted the airbox i bought off ebay but i had to move the battery out to the side a bit, went through some water crossings and it held up ok, but a fairly small filter so ill have to clean it regularly, the 450cc hummer sounds good but i hope its not too heavy

that will be sweet. i reckon a china 450 will be just enough power for me atm. cos the 250 is fun its just not enough to keep up with my mates on their jap bikes.

Hi all,

Hope santa was good to you....Rod good to see you still going to india...hope you manged to get that RE that you wanted so much.

Have not been on here for a while so I thought I would raise my ugly head again and let you know how the old girl is going.

Well, as you guy's know I ride her pretty hard and am constantly trying to keep up with my 16YO on his YZ.

She has held up pretty well. I have about 350 - 450 hrs on ther motor now and its been mostly hard hours. The motor is fine...needed to adjust the tappets a couple of times and its a bit smokey (not much) when the oils due for change. Apart from that its still very strong.

Suspension is only fair now (probably not even that) so am looking out for spares. May try to fit honda front end if I can pick one up cheap and rear shocks a re a peeny a bunch.

Original chain lasted about 10 hrs, so upgraded and got a larger rear sprocket (47) which I'm happy with, but makes it harder to keep up the young bloke.

Will post some pick soon of her current condition.

Has anybody come across one the new "PUZEY" bikes. Chinesse/Sth African hybrid brought in by Stoney Creek Motorsports.

I hear there pretty good and have a road registerable model as well...but a lot more expensive.

Have a good new year...Cibby

that will be sweet. i reckon a china 450 will be just enough power for me atm. cos the 250 is fun its just not enough to keep up with my mates on their jap bikes.

Let's just hope they take the extra step when they put it on the market and offer a dual sport version you can register for on/off road!

Hi all,

Has anybody come across one the new "PUZEY" bikes. Chinesse/Sth African hybrid brought in by Stoney Creek Motorsports.

I hear there pretty good and have a road registerable model as well...but a lot more expensive.

Have a good new year...Cibby

I've read a fair bit about them - but from what I can tell they're not much different to the standard hummer or similar.

I think somebody just went the extra step and had some mods done - then did the legwork to get them compliance registered.

If you're looking for a recreational bike that you can ride on/off road, I guess they offer a much cheaper option to the big name Jap and European bikes.

Personally I'd be tempted to pay a bit more for a trail bike that I was going to road register - and maybe look as a Suzi DR650. This is a really sturdy and reliable bike - air cooled and on the market brand new for just over seven grand!

If they release a 450cc version of the Hummer which you can road register, I just might be tempted to consider that at around three grand.

don^t get a dr650..they suck..I got one ...get the drz400 instead++

Latest posts

Back