Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xr250 conversion

Ive seen someone put a zongshen 250cc in a xr200 frame, the mounts were all the same...i cant find the website now but ill try to find it and I might have a look at my mates xr250 and compare it to my tomahawk kx 250.

Hey guys

Need some help on adjusting the rear suspension it is really soft any1 know how ?

Thanks

You need to get yourself a rear shock spanner and tighten down the spring. Loosen the top lock-ring first - then tighten the bottom ring to compress the spring. Don't tighten down more than a three full turns - otherwise you are exceeding the disign parameters of the spring. Once it's adjusted down - re-tighten the lock ring on the top. If you don't want to buy a shock spanner - you can use a hammer and punch - but this will ding your locking and adjustment rings (most folks don't worry about it).

There are also dampening adjustment screws on the rear shock to adjust the compression & rebound once you've got the ride height set up OK.

If these two adjustments don't work well enough for you - then you'll have to remove the rear shock and buy a custom spring. Most suspension guys who do MX bikes will be able to get you an aftermarket heavy duty spring - but they are expensive!

If you look up "Adjusting MX Suspension" on Google, there are a number of articles on how to set your shocks and ride height correctly.

rear shock

on my shock, i rebuilt it with thicker oil, i cant remember what it was, but that and a few turns on the spring, it was handling and dampening like a dream, its worth the time taking the shock apart and replacing the oil. if you need instructions on how to dismantle it just message. good luck

Cheers linkavitch yeah got my old man to have a look at it and we soon worked out what to do .

Thanks

Need a bigger front and rear sprocket wondering where i could possibly get them from?

Need a bigger front and rear sprocket wondering where i could possibly get them from?

Hi Mate,

You can order them mail order from here.

Saturday Night Cycles Home

Be sure to give them the specs for the chain size and sprocket mounting holes - since they sell a lot of different models.

I'm currently using a 17 tooth front sprocket and a 56 tooth rear sprocket (purchased from SNC) and they work really well.

You will have to either remove or shorten the chain roller guide, since otherwise the chain angle will be too steep with the bigger sprocket.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
KUDA Pro after 2 years - SMOKIN!

OK all,

Just finished preparing the Kuda Pro ( HUMMER 250cc OHC Zongshen)for this coming spring and found a few things that needed doing.

Top suspension frame mount had several cracks around the welds and needed rewelding & strengthening
Top head stem bearing needed replacing
Changed the handlebars - finally after 2 years and bending them back too many times
Adjusted the valve clearance 0.05mm
New Battery
After reassembly chased an electrical problem that ended up being a connecter pin on the CDI
Changed oil
Checked and started OK, let warm up and a quick ride around the back and put it away for the night.

So my problem started once I changed the oil and started the bike next day.....Ploombs of white smoke for a few minutes and of course a bit of a miss at medium revs. Dissapointed, put it away.

CAme back to it in the afternoon and tried again and the smoke was hardly noticable after a few seconds and is now almost non existant, except under hard acceleration

I guess this may need a top end strip down, but in this air cooled motor, is there a possibility that it may be just a head gasket or someting else?

PS are there any manual showing torque settings for the bolts for this engine?

Rob

Hi Cujo,

You may have just had some water condense out in your carbie whilst the bike was laid up.

If not, a new 250 Zongshen head gasket is available from just about anywhere these days and changes over with no hassle.

If you don't have the torque for the head bolts in your owners manual, there are a few tech threads on this site that will give you the torque values you need. Be careful not to go over the required torque values, since the head bolts stretch easily.

To rodbox

The 56 tooth rear sprocket off saturday night cycles will that fit my bike alright and if so will the D.I.D racing chain of there site fit it.

THanks

Hi Johnny#1

Yes, the sprocket will fit just fine.

There are a couple of notes however,

1. You will have to extend or remove the chain roller from underneath the swing arm, or else the chain angle will be too steep. I've now removed mine and it hasn't caused any problems.

2. I'd also buy a 17 tooth front sprocket - otherwise the gearing will be really low. I now use the 17 tooth front sprocket for general riding and a 16 tooth front sprocket when riding in steep hills.

3. DID standard chains are great for this set-up - don't waste your money on the more expensive O & X ring options.

4. You need to check chain size. I have a G4 hummer which is now a few years old and uses a 428 gauge chain - I believe the newer models have changed to a stonger 520 gauge chain. Check before you order the sprocket - you have to make sure that the chain and both sprockets are all the same gauge.

Hope that helps.

cheers rod,

I got the g4 aswell shes a couple of years old but still goes great. what would the 47 tooth sproclet be like ?

Hi Johnny 1
You divide the number of teeth on the front sprocket into the number of teeth on the rear sprocket to work out the sprocket drive ratio.

If you have a 16 tooth front sprocket and say a 48 tooth rear sprocket, that works out to a D/R of 3:1

If you have a 17 tooth front sprocket and a 56 tooth rear sprocket, that works out to a DR of about 3.3:1

If you drop your front sprocket to a 15 with the 48 tooth rear - you get a D/R of 3.2:1 - which is almost the same D/R as the 17/56 setup.

I find that my set-up is OK for most places I ride - but then I can change the front sprocket down to a smaller number of teeth if I want to ride some seriously steep hills.

I only chose the big 56 because changing the front sprocket quicker & easier than changing the rear - plus front sprockets are cheaper. I also have to admit that the 56 tooth rear sprocket looks cool anyway!.

looking for a sticker kit for my bike any suggestions where i could get one?

and also rod i was about to buy a set of sprockets from snc but website would not work so my mate has given me his old sprocket off his crf 230f still good condition, was wondering if i took it to my local fish quip could they drill out the holes so it would fit my hummer, but would it fit? and if does you reckon i could just buy a standard d.i.d chain to fit?

Thanks

I'm not sure what gauge chain that Honda takes mate - it could well be a 520.

Also, the machining for additional bolt holes has to be spot on - or the sprocket wont run true.

If you can't get service from SNC - I'd buy one from Atomik. They do nice sprockets in both 48 tooth and 52 tooth - which should do the job nicely. Just be sure to specify your correct chain gauge.

With regards to stickers - try BTO sports at this web address:

Product Search - BTO Sports

These guys stock all the professional kits the race teams use. I got a team Kawasaki kit - which was really smik, high quality and will never peel off.

Good luck with the job.

Hi,
I'm new but have read this entire thread and recently bought and received the new 'atomik kuda pro'. In other posts i've seen and read that the bike came with either a Loncin or Zongshen engine but...my engine had the name "Atomik" on it. Have they started making there own engines or did they just put there name on someone elses?

Soz cant include pics coz the file is too big and the max you can upload is 97.7kb for some reason.

nah man all china bike sellers put their logo on the engine, it's still a loncin

Latest posts

Back