Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know this is an old thread but i've got a zs167fmm, apparently the same motor on these.
what are people doing for carbs? I'm eyeing up a 30mm flatslide, seems like it'd be ok...

has anyone seen this before?
Quad ATV Performance
it's not my site, they sell manuals for wiring and additional performance... i'm after both, wondering if they're legit or if anyones already got them?

also, i'm using the motor in a road bike... can someone give me an indication of what RPM the motor runs at a certain speed in 4th gear? i've got a 17t front sprocket and i'm trying to work out what I'll need for the rear...

I'm running the same sort of setup as Rod on my hummer with the std DID chain and its been going for about 14mths now (need new sprockets soon)., This setup gives you heaps smoother running as well and lets you adjust it easier by sight.

So Rod...she still running strong???

Cheers Doc

I'm running the same sort of setup as Rod on my hummer with the std DID chain and its been going for about 14mths now (need new sprockets soon)., This setup gives you heaps smoother running as well and lets you adjust it easier by sight.

So Rod...she still running strong???

Cheers Doc

Yep - the bike still goes as good as day1.

I'm spending more time abroad now though - so only get to ride the Hummer once a month or so.

Even so, I give the bike a good work out - but always make sure to drain all fuel out of the tank and carbie before leaving it in the shed for any time. I also disconnect the battery.

Hope the hummer owners are all still going well.

anyone able to tell me how to identify which model hummer 250 i have because i really need to get some plastics and a seat...

actually a whole heap of parts please help me :D

?? thought you successfully worked out it was a hummer you got cressy?!?

Being an atomik Atomik warehouse in Hallam will have them.. but thats up to you if you go there.. tried ebay?

Is there a id tag on the headstem? seriously... get some pictures up so we can at TRY to identify what it is..
What happened to the xr!?

foot pegs

Has anybody busted a footpeg on their Hummer?

More importantly - has anybody found a good quality after-market peg that fits the Hummer (preferably oversized)?

Hey guys... seems we're abit behind you in sunny south africa, i only got my hummer
last week!
Its not new, 2008 i've been told, stripped the motor down on the weekend, everything still awesome, only current problems are - the previous owner didn't like his right leg that much so he disabled the electric starter, by cutting a bunch of wires, i now need to reconnect everything but i need a wiring diagram. Any help?

Then on the fork-clamp, where the steering shaft goes thru the frame, it looks like there should be a bolt right on top. there isn't. is there supposed to be one?

On the same area the top fork clamp has one allen bolt each side to hold the forks, the right side bolt is stripped, well actually the ally clamp inside thread is gone, any suggestions? I was thinking of machining out extra space inside the clamp for a nut maybe... otherwise bike is good.

Gonna try the heatgun trick on the plastics after work tonight, they're a little faded..

Sweet
Eben

Cool Thanx.
Ill try upload the pics tomorow...
I was also thinking to bore out and tap, but I don't have a tap that big, and that stuff is expensive over here..

Sweet

One more thing... I work for a large sign manufacturing company as a graphic designer so i would like to and am fully capable of manufacturing custom sticker kits, you guys think i could find templates somewhere or should i try trace the plastics?

I know the plastics on the hummer looks very similar to the honda crf 250 stuff, but not exactly right...

Hi, has this thread died out or something?? Rod, Weeg, any of the originals still out there??? I NEED this thread!!!

Anyway maybe someone could help ive been all over google trying to find out out how to setup the rear shock on the hummer... Do i need to fill the entire shock with oil or is an airgap allowed?? Ive tried beating on the bladder endplate with a rubber hammer to try and move it down so i can get the circlip out and fill the shock that way to get rid of all the air, but its not budging so my only other option is to fill it as much as i can thru the small hole leading to the shock body and fill the body to the top and screw it back but then ill be left with air in the top.

My shock has no rebound or damping screws that i can remove to evenly fill with oil.

Sweet

The original Hummer rear shock had both rebound and dampening adjustment screws and was a good quality component to work on.

It sounds as though this has been replaced in later models with a cheaper component.

I'd advise you to try and get hold of an original replacement unit on e-bay, which you can often pick up now for just a few bucks.

If you'd like to post a picture of your shock unit, I'll take a look and see if they've kept the same dimensions.

I mostly work abroad now - so don't get much time to keep up with the thread.

I hope the originals are all doing fine and still riding their bikes.

Mine's still in the shed back in Aus, but gets taken out for a regular spin by friends and is running fine by all accounts.

Best regards to all.

Cheers Rodbox, I thought I'd try and save the shock first before going the more pricey route, so I bought some 10W fork oil and filled the shock with that, then submerged it in the oil to make sure there were no bubbles, screwed the top on and adjusted the spring, put it all back together and...Perfect.

Will have to refill the forks too now!

Rodbox when you were running in did you ever find a fine metal dust in the used oil? My bike has about 200km on it so I'm pretty sure its still running in, but yesterday after a 30 minute ride I decided to change the oil, the oil that was in there was brand new before the ride, Castrol 20W50, NOT SYNTH...

Well half an hour later the oil was very grey, with a fine metal gleam when held in sunlight, you cant even see it in the shade and I couldnt feel it between my fingers, checked the screen and found some gunk but no metal...

So thinking it might have been my clutch slipping as it was engaging way too late i adjusted the clutchn refilled with new oil and went out for another 30 minutes, came back, and drained again and sure enough it was the exact same thing as before! Grey oil with metal dust suspended in it, its not attracted to a magnet and it doesn't sink either, it was still floating this morning.

Is it "normal" or is my bike chewing itself up already? The motor sounds perfect, no geinding and it runs REALLY well I had plenty fun and it never gave even a sputter or a bog, and the e-start is awesome! Love the bike so far.

Thanks

Hi Eban,

It's not unusual to get a few chips in the oil whilst you are running these bike in.

The trick is to change the oil fairly often (say every 3 or 4 rides) and not thrash the crap out of your motor for the first 500K

You have to remember that the engine finishing technology on these bikes is equivalent to European bikes made in the 50s - so careful running-in is very important.

I took a lot of care running mine in and three years and many kms later, it hasn't missed a beat.

Be very careful if you lay the bike up for any length of time though. Be sure to empty all the fuel from the tank and carb, give the bike an oil change and take out the battery.

You may also find that the hydraulics on the brakes are a bit iffy after storage, but a few pumps on the brake levers will get them up and tuning after a few minutes. Needless to say, get this done before you ride!

hey guys,
ive been riding bikes all my life and have just started getting into the pit bikes. built a nice sized track and have got about $1k to spend on a pit bike. '

any suggestions? keeping in mind that id like it to be able to handle jumping

cheers

Wow...Epic thread. I know its old but I though i would add my bit!

Rodbox, Cibby and weegee. Dont know if you guys still frequent this thread, however, your forum entries have been a great source of help in deciding what bike I was going to purchase and is now my official source of tech support for the Kuda

Im in the process of getting the Kuda Pro. I was always a bit hesitant about getting a chinese bike, but I think what was mentioned earlier in the thread holds true: The bikes get a bad rap from people who are either not mechanicaly minded enough to do what needs to be done during the install or just rush through and kill the bike in the run in period b/c they have not paid enough attention to details.

The main things I am going to do when I get this bike is the airbox mod, waterproof the electrics and change the gearing to 16/56 ( I livein mountanous country and require torque to overall top speed.

There also wasn't much mention of Air cooled vs Water cooled. I have decided to stick with air cooled but would love someones opinion on the watercooled version, how it holds up in a stack, possible probs etc

Once again thanks guys - master thread!

Wow...Epic thread. Its take me like 3 days to read through it all! I know its old but I thought I would add my bit!

Rodbox, Cibby and weegee. Don't know if you guys still frequent this thread, however, your forum entries have been a great source of help in deciding what bike I was going to purchase and is now my official source of tech support for the Kuda

Im in the process of getting the Kuda Pro. I was always a bit hesitant about getting a chinese bike, but I think what was mentioned earlier in the thread holds true: The bikes get a bad rap from people who are either not mechanicaly minded enough to do what needs to be done during the install or just rush through and kill the bike in the run in period b/c they have not paid enough attention to details.

The main things I am going to do when I get this bike is the airbox mod, waterproof the electrics and change the gearing to 16/56 ( I livein mountanous country and require torque to overall top speed.

There also wasn't much mention of Air cooled vs Water cooled. I have decided to stick with air cooled but would love someones opinion on the watercooled version, how it holds up in a stack, possible probs etc

Once again thanks guys - master thread!

Latest posts

Back