Good guide for adjusting valves

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh mate it is gud :) ... but wat is the gap ment to be on a 125cc??? do u no??

That's a fantastic guide, inspired me to do it so off I went to Super Cheap and got myself some feeler gauges. Now the two year old Lifan 140 engine is running better than it did when it was new.

hey squeeby what the gap meant to be on a 140 lifan??

Gday was hoping someone might know the gaps for a YX160cc ?? Can only find the gaps for lifan type engines.

all these chinese engine run the same gap. .003 and .004

but if your a bit of a tuner with a worked motor, you can play around with the gaps a bit..
but in saying tht dont go any smaller than .004 on the exhaust and no smaller than .003 on the inlet...
and dont go bigger than .008 on the exhaust and .006 on the inlet... it'll rattle like crazy

opening them up a little can reduce some of the cam overlap and increase a little bit of power...but you lose a bit of lift...but nothing you'll notice..

yes i know probly way over most of your heads but to those tht know a little about cams its good to know..

thanks sean your a champ. it'll make sense soon enough :) didnt even know what a carbie or cam was 3 weeks ago lol.

Cool camshaft guide. With an animation showing standard vs performance cams.
HowStuffWorks "How Camshafts Work"

will everything be the same for a jialing 125?
im pretty sure thats whats in my motovert

will everything be the same for a jialing 125?
im pretty sure thats whats in my motovert

do you have an addiction for bumping old threads??

and how about you read the thread again as your question has been answered

Latest posts

Back