Got A Mini Chopper For Free, Need Some Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98Murray

Reaction score
Went over to a freinds place and checked out his orange JD lawn tractor and while I was there I noticed this sitting next to a fence and I asked him "Hey whatcha gonna do with that thing?" and he said he wasent gonna do anything with it and if I wanted to I can take it home with me. So he handed me the key and I loaded it up in the truck. I dont know anything about it other that the motor does turn and has compression. It hasent been rode much just sat outside forever. It has electric start and a very very small battery. The gas tank has a locking cap that is stuck so that needs to be fixed before I can try and start it. The mileometer or hour meter (I'm not sure what it is) says 000963 and the 3 is on a white reel. It also has disk brakes on front and rear and a horn. Has a 4 speed transmission too. I dont know what company made it but the engine has a K F carb Standard of Japan. Anyway I guess I will try and get it runnin and maybe clean it up and keep it. Its pretty nice and has a pretty flashy paint job. Well heres some pics

21638_502901533088702_1095929910_n_zpsd8b99e61.jpg

21684_502872276424961_396633282_n_zps64e1bd5c.jpg

382369_502901466422042_1326302551_n_zpsc32b2e19.jpg

574719_502901796422009_235780982_n_zps18e08b1f.jpg

485300_502901673088688_1230804719_n_zpsbc67c458.jpg

285631_502900343088821_1996158016_n_zps581710d6.jpg

Whoops I forgot to ask a few questions.

What company made this?

About when was it made?

How big is the engine?

Looks cool champ:thumbup:

My guess would be a 90 - 110cc? maybe as big as a 125 (you yanks like everything BIGGER lol) Should say on the barrel.

Who and when i could even begin to guess. Would make a sweet little project!

yeah, agreed, looks good and it was free...

the front forks' inner tubes are going to be the most expensive part to fix it up
go down to your local bike shop and grab some new ape hanger handlebars too.
i want to see a video of you doing a burnout on the big back tyre too, i reckon it'd put out a bit of smoke, lol

look on the right side of the motor on the barrel or head for the size of the motor, as posted above, eg 107cc, 124cc,
possibly on the l/h side of the barrel too?

if not, there is a model number on the motor,
it is stamped into the case directly below the front sprocket area, behind the gear shifter shaft.

Carb says Japan but is a China copy, it looks like a 110 semi auto. Its a good score mate, may have come out with a 50cc 2stroke motor and has had the 4 stroke conversion. As for the 96 miles it has done that's very low, but the gauge may not work. Its def Chinese and these have been around for quite a while and China still sells them new in 2 stroke form, but have seen factory 4 stroke choppers. If you struggle to get the cap off you can use a dummy tank to try starting it but maybe clean the carb good drop the oil and check there has not or is water in the exhaust. If there has been water in the combustion chamber then maybe the head and barrel and piston may need inspecting. Keep us posted mate.

Umm yeah, include me in on a burnout vid also, she would brew lol

Thanks for the info. I got a little gas and got it to start. Need to pull the carb and clean it

customize the frame a little and throw at ct 110 in it ;)

Hi 98Murray i have just started on my next project a 2004 GL 4000GT Chopper it a bit differant to yours same as the chopper in the forum below this one Dirt Dolls Forum Ladyluk's Mini Chopper Build i will put pics up soon. It had a 110 in it new but i have built up a Lifan 124cc for it. Its the same looking engine as yours but black and not electric start i have put a bigger cam in it and port n polished the head and front facing inlet manifold with a 26mm Molkt carby but i have a 26mm OKO Flatslide i may put on it later. I built a exhaust that comes out just in front of the ignition cover its sits up like a topfuel dragster exhaust its a straight through pipe. I have highrise bars for it im building it up as a promo bike, like i said i will put pics up soon as im taking it to a bike show next weekend with my stepsons race bike so will get some pics then but like i said i only just started it i still got a lot more work to do yet frame, paint etc.

Last edited:
I was given this same exact bike, i was wondering if you ever figured out what kind it is?

Latest posts

Back