Grizzly 600 transmission problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
I'm back with another problem for you fellas to try and work out. hopefully its not too tricky! The problem is with the belt, the two plates which move together and apart to change the gear ratio's do not move. Is this an easy fix and how? This means that in a sense it is in one gear because the gear rario is not changing. It also has a very slight woble to the plates but don't think it is much of an issue.
Its a yamaha quad bike for those of you who don't know.

Thanks

Does it seem like the belt maybe slipping mate or does it take off from a stop fine but just not speed up.

Well while i'm reading through all my old threads, thought I should finish them off properly. the problem i had was the centrifical flyweights. Upon inspection I found the wieghts to have fallen over and and out of the slots which the roll in. The flywieght are what spread the two discs in which the belts is driven on, thus changing the gear ratio. Having the wieght fallen over it stopped the discs from spreading a and changing the gear ratio.

The wierd thing is there i no way they could fall over once installed, this meaning it must have been installed wrong. I have never pulled this apart before so it must have happen when at yamaha for its service. I think they change the grease in there every now and then. Any way problem solved now, although it has worn a lip in to the disc now which i am slowly wearing out:)

I'm having a problem with my 2000 grizzly 600. I can only get 10mph out of it in high gear. I took apart the clutches and regressed them, I put a new carb in it. Still only does 10mph. The clutch seemed to be fine. It also doesn't seem to be revving all the way up. I'm lost.

Latest posts

Back