Hard to find neutral

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick125

Reaction score
Hi, my mates bike is an Atomik Motox 125cc and i was wondering when the bike is off it is really hard to find neutral and sometimes it clicks out of neutral into 2nd gear when you are about to start it. How do you fix it?
Thanks

Last edited:
changed the oil lately? Try some fully synthetic. It's a bit confusing because you say it's hard to 'find' neutral but neutral is on the bottom, I think you mean hard to change into neutral?

i have the same issue. i duno.. lol.

i just roll the bike back and forth a bit and eventually ill find neautral.

somteims it does pop into gear when i kickstart it.

buggered if i know how to fix it.

If good oil and proper clutch adjustment cannot fix it, and you don't feel like pulling it apart and inspecting for damage (right side off first then if it looks ok splitting the case) then you just get a new engine. No kidding. In your new engine, go easy on the shifting during the first 5 to 10 hrs, and drain the oil often during run-in too.

Yeah I agree with Numroe, if an oilchange and adjusting the cable doesn't work a new lifan 125 can be purchased for under $300, you could then sell your old one on ebay for $100+, someone will want it for parts.

mine did the same thing but wen it wore in it was fine

Latest posts

Back