having trouble kick starting dhz 160cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke123abc

Reaction score
new 2012 model of a dhz 160cc
im finding it hard to kick over. its started a couple of times but thats it. is anyone else having trouble starting the bike? and if you know anyway of starting it let me know.

And some bikes like a tad of throttle at times, turn the drain screw on the carby and let some fresh fuel run thru the system as fuel these days can go off quite quick thru air contamination thru the air filter. And the 160 is a high compression motor, so like lil-john said have your cow kickn boots on and kick it like never before.

new 2012 model of a dhz 160cc
im finding it hard to kick over. its started a couple of times but thats it. is anyone else having trouble starting the bike? and if you know anyway of starting it let me know.

Could be any number if things like to low a revs, clearances set wrong, not using the choke the right way, maybe a simple thing like getting the killswitch back to front. Hang in there with it and just take your time try not to get frustrated with it.

Thanks I have realised that there is no spark from the sparkler plug as I have changed it over and no results please help?

take the plug out and put it into the plug lead.
earth the thread of the plug to the bare metal of the motor somewhere push the kickstart down, and look for a spark, sometimes you need it really dark to see the spark, use a rug over the bike?
or hold the thread of the spark plug with one hand and push the kick start lever down with the other, you should feel a tingle in your hand holding the plug.

otherwise check all the wiring plugs and sockets for a good firm connection, and no broken wires etc.
check the coil is earthed well to some nice clean bare metal on the frame.

next thing the CDI unit may be faulty?
or possibly the stator coils are crook/faulty

Even unconnect the killswitch incase it is faulty.

Latest posts

Back