Head light kit not working help please!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
I need some help on a new headlight i just bought...I wired it up about 30 minutes ago with the regulator etc and the lights wont even light up unless i rev the shit out of my engine? I went off this website on the diagram for no battery...

Hooper Imports Experts on Chinese Motorcycles and Parts, Engines

Parts:
Regulator: From a Lei 110 elec start motor
Engine: Ducar 124cc
Headlight see pics underneath:

Headlight.jpg

your ahead of me, i been trying for a while to get headlights to work on the pittys, and im not having any luck at all, i cant get them to light up no matter what i do, i think im missing something but i dont know.

take the "hot" wire RED and dont use it , run a "hot" wire from your yellow wire strait to the headlight b4 the reg , hey presto , light will continually run while engine is running , this is how i run my light on my monkey

So use the negitive wire and the yellow wire? but thats then dc and ac isnt it?
cause before the reg its at ac and it converts to dc?

Incandescent globes will accept AC & DC voltage because the filaments are pure resistance, just make sure the voltage is fairly stable for prolonged life.

So use the negitive wire and the yellow wire? but thats then dc and ac isnt it?
cause before the reg its at ac and it converts to dc?
yes correct b4 the reg its ac , but thats ok your light will still work , it may pop a bulb but this is how i run my light on my monkey , but i also run a batt , but headlight only runs of ac power from stator

Thanks a lot guys, did what you said and its so much better but still not what i would call great but i think thats just cause its a pit bike light. ill wait till its darker and go in the garage for a proper test to see if its worthy to use or not or sell :)

ok cool , you do realise the light gets brighter when reved as this crates more charge

ok cool , you do realise the light gets brighter when reved as this crates more charge

thats because the light is getting higher voltage, hence higher current and will blow the globe fairly soon as it will be receiving 3 - 4x its rated voltage.

Yeah i know that, harder you rev more electricity your engine makes....I dont need it im going to sell it anyway ill put it on here and on ebay....

thats because the light is getting higher voltage, hence higher current and will blow the globe fairly soon as it will be receiving 3 - 4x its rated voltage.
would have to disagree on most part there , mine runs the same as i stated and so does many others i have installed , running 35w globe and all work fine , maybe the batt we run makes a dif but i dunno , im no sparky but i can wire a monkey with blinkers tailights and such all off most chinny motors

Its normally a button on the left side that can go both ways....do you still want a tut on how to install the head light matty?

yes mat sort of im sure you could pick up a universal 1 from a bike shop , horn is on same switch on my monkey but its the stock switch ,easy to do

Latest posts

Back