Hello from Detroit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know renthal make bar pads for bikes with a cross bar. (Not 100% sure what the market's like in 'Murica)

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

The new grips are nice. But the new brake levers don't match. So now I'm waiting for the matching one.

It looks like there is a big gap between the grip and the plastic housing where the start button is, or does that look correct?

Some grip's are too short, some tube's are too long.

You might be able to heat that grip with hot water and stretch it over the throttle tube more
If not, you'd need to cut a little off the end of the throttle tube, then trim the enclosed end back to fit back inside the grip, if you dont do that it leave's them open behind the rubber grip end
If you come off, it can cut through the grip and punch a hole into you
You can use a coin in there too to blank the end of the throttle tube

I'll look into moving the grip inboard if I can

I'm starting to mock up a seat, it will be custom, I only have the tank area of the plastic cover, I have some plywood and a PC of bending Luan, it should look cool when done, if not I'll look into getting a new cover. I'm thinkin some 2" foam, I'll have to find someone to sew up the Vinyl.

Last edited:
Here's the final all mocked up in card board,ill make it up tomorrow at the shop. Trim the back end shorter, I also need a brake light.

Last edited:
I only have the gas tank part of the covering, I'm going to make a temp with a radius on and route the bottom jagged corners off, make them look the same and then use fiberglass to repair a couple cracks. The plan is to make a seat, then mount it to the plastic PC and then mount it on the bike. Using T nuts in the wood should hold it down good, plus you can take it off easy to work on the bike.
I'm thinkin a 12v trailer light should work as a brake light, a LED one might be better to save the battery. I gotta say, the whole bike project been a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Finally got back to work on it, saw the daylight today, all I need to do is finish the seat, bolt the faring down, put the new throttle on and the new brake lever on. I can't forget to go through and tighten everything.

Last edited:
It's been a while, I'm moving, and I now have a heated garage, I'll be back to working on the bike soon. ...

I forgot to say, I've been working in the new garage since July, I tore everything out, all new Cabinets, shelving, repaired all the drywall, ordered race deck flooring for 2 of 3 stalls, still need to wire the lights, and add cable and a flatscreen, I put a runner of black carpet in the 3rd stall to work on something comfortable, can't wait to get back on the bike, I haven't ever rode it yet, I have a lot of projects in the house I won't bore you with, but I'll be working on the bike again soon.

Last edited:
Good to see you still kicking around dude.

Heated garages are the best in winter.

This site is awesome, I never could have done all that to that bike without your help, just been crazy busy, and I'm not even moved in there yet. I think I have a pic or two of the new garage.
Ya, can't wait on the heat. Plus I'll keep it 50° in there all the time.

Here's a few pics from a few weeks ago, you can see all the flooring in the boxes, there's the bike, waiting, lol

Last edited:
That's a sweet setup dude.

I hear you with the home projects as have a few on the go as well.

Gotta get out for a ride though you put so much time into getting the bike all setup it's time to enjoy it now!!

With the new place came a 12.5 HP Craftsman tractor with all the attachments, 5 mice were livingin the motor in the shed that also came with the new place, I had to do a mini resto on the tractor first, it killed me working on it and not the bike. The tractor is in the garage for now, I had it fixed and the mice moved back in an chewed on the magneto, bastards, $45, but now it's good. Unlike the bike, I had the manual for the tractor, it was easy to fix.
Cool thing, all the garden BS goes in the shed, not in the garage.
I need a fire pit for drinking beer and smoking cigars at night, the bike just keeps on getting pushed back.

Last edited:
With the new place came a 12.5 HP Craftsman tractor with all the attachments, 5 mice were livingin the motor in the shed that also came with the new place, I had to do a mini resto on the tractor first, it killed me working on it and not the bike. The tractor is in the garage for now, I had it fixed and the mice moved back in an chewed on the magneto, bastards, $45, but now it's good. Unlike the bike, I had the manual for the tractor, it was easy to fix.
Cool thing, all the garden BS goes in the shed, not in the garage.
I need a fire pit for drinking beer and smoking cigarsat night, the bike just keeps on getting pushed back.

You will get there buddy. These things take time.

Latest posts

Back