Hello from Detroit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Burd

Reaction score
Hello from Detroit, I was given, what I think is a Chinese mini Dirt bike it's in nice shape but the wiring is a mess, I'll post up,some pics tomorrow, I started going through the wire harness, there's a few things I don't know what they are. Hopefully someone get help me out, lol I'll post up the bike and the wire mess. I also need a brake lever and a seat, which I'm in the process of making.

Last edited:
Welcome to Minirider's

The main part's to the electric's are stator (behind left cover on engine, under flywheel), main harness, cdi, ignition coil, spark plug, kill switch, some electric start bike's have starter motor solenoid, regulator/rectifier, and battery, ignition switch

4 stroke Pit Bike electric's-

332228556_o.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJBME+O5muCUjBQV)j(suhg~~60_35.JPG

268095_orig.jpg

Ignition-Coil-150-250CC-ATV-Quad-Pit-Bike-Parts[1].jpg

1672_1_svecha_skuter_4_h_takt_ngk_c7hsa.jpg

2222-490.jpg

71ugZTpxvyL._SL1030_.jpg

product_thumb.php

7_AH_12v_Battery__21666_zoom.jpg

High-Performance-Key-Switch-Atv-Pit-Bike-Key-Ignition-Switch-With-Metal-Armor-motorcycle-ignition-accessory.jpg

5_wire_Lifan_Wiring_041605_HI.jpg

2 stroke Mini bike electric's-

500.jpg

Chopperkeys1.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Hot-Motorcycle-Motor-QUAD-font-b-ATV-b-font-bike-Engine-Stop-Tether-Lanyard-Closed-font.jpg

swieca-zaplonowa-ngk-bm6_4466_m.jpg

Holy Cow, I just wrote about Detroit in my last (immediate) post, never having seen your post, LOL. Blind in one eye, can't see out the other, you know how it goes... makes things interesting when I go monkeybiking, that's for danged sure. Oh, well, here's to The Motor City... I always liked Detroit, even in the wintertime, had some good times there and met some hilarious people.

Thanks, I see a few of those parts on mine, first it's a pull start, don't laugh when I post pics, maybe I should have walked away from this bike but it was free, I only have some hours cleaning and the price of a tire patch kit. Lol I'll get on the photos, confused where the battery goes and where to buy one. Also, I need a brake lever, where would I buy that at, I stopped here at a few off road/ mini bike shops and they don't want to help. I also need a gas cap.

I don't know where to start on the wiring, what goes to what, there is some Chinese on some of the plugs. What is the PC I'm holding? It had a tab that was welded on the frame, but it's broke off. I did find a new key switch. Just not sure on the wiring, anyone have a schematic, it has a light, horn, kill switch, and it is a pull start, what brand of engine is it? Where can I get the brake lever, lmao. There's a few questions for starters.

Btw, I used photo bucket for my pics, is that what you use here?

Welcome Dirt burd,

Yep photobucket is perfect, especially for those of us that don't use Tappatalk. All your photo's are super sized no matter the platform. :thumbup:

Yes, but we have member's worldwide.

The engine is a copy of a Honda 2 stroke whipper snipper / line trimmer engine
There are 3 or more version's, a 33cc, a 43cc, and a 49cc.

Brake lever's-
Search results for: 'brake lever'

These shop's should be able to help you with part's-
Dirt Bike Parts | Buy Dirt Bike Parts at PocketBikeParts.com
ScooterParts4Less.com Parts for electric/Gas Scooter,atv, pocket bike, dirt bike
Moto Mini’s | Woods Addict Cycles - SSR motorcycles in Wisconsin
Or you could search for part's on ebay worldwide, search mini bike, pocket bike 43cc 49cc 50cc etc

Your bike look's like the RX1 here-
RX1 Mini Dirt Bike

Last edited:
Lol, just checking. Thanks, I'll dig through those for parts, I don't need a lot. Good thing, looks like it was around $300.
I found this site from googleing a pic of the bike, good find.

Last edited:
The skid plate and the chain guard are rusty, so I think I'll just bead blast them and spray them black maybe.
I think I'll try mocking up the harness on the bench, I'll connect everything that i can to it where it goes, then see what's left. What's the voltage on the battery I need? I'll try one of those Battery places here. So I need the battery to make the engine run? Or is the battery just for the lights/ horn and that stuff?

Last edited:
Progress. I removed the harness and I cant believe it, most are still marked in English . One says current do I take it thats the battery, one says NOSTAT, some of the tag is missing. The metal PC with the fins on fits in there.

Last edited:
whats the chance of finding a new cowl, or what ever you call the plastic covering?

Last edited:
Problem, the key switch I bought a year ago has an extra wire in it plus a white wire connecting two prongs that mine doesn't have, my orig is a 4 wire? Should I look for another key lock switch? And one more, where do I find a 3 prong socket/ charger?

I looked at the shop in Miami, and they had the brake lever, charger, 4 wire key switch, gas cap, and they have battery's, what amperage do I need? Thanks to all your help so cut guys, I got the harness sorted out, there's only one port that isn't marked and nothing to go there, unless there was some sort of tail light? I see a wire on the brake lever???? Even the headlight doesn't work, it looks like a common outdoor low voltage lamp. I'll keep working on. Thanks again. I'll post a pic when the harness is back on.

Last edited:
You will have to measure up the battery tray and see what size battery will fit, i'm guessing something around a 5Ah or 7Ah battery the smaller battery model number's are YB4L-B, YTX4L-BS, YT4L-B etc

32c1826e-810d-4009-b19c-03e2902b952a.jpg

The wire coming from the brake light switch could be for a bike that start only when you pull the front brake on.
The bulb's for lighting are normally the same as an automotive bulb like an Indicator bulb etc

Thank you. The head light is a bulb that has a reflector on it, and the front is covered with glass, I've seen these in outdoor low voltage lights, the ones you light up a tree or wall, I'll check the tray size for battery size, does the relay go in the tray too? It's rubber coated, it was there but that don't mean nothing. Someone should be kicked in the B*lls for doing this to a mini bike.
This is the second time to rescue a mini bike, in the 70's I had a sweet one, I think it was a little Indian, totally stripped. Wish I never sold it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back