Hello from Detroit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having the Sears manual was the **** for the tractor, what kind of a Manual came with the mini Dirtbike? Anyone have one I can get a copy? They have to come with something?????

I finally had time to work In the garage, I set the heat at 70°, actually broke a sweat, lol. I'm going to try to get the brake lever on and the throttle back on, it's been so long I'm forgetting how the throttle hooks to the carb. No snow yet so I can take her for a spin if it all starts.

Merry Christmas guys, I plan on working on the bike today. 40° and the Snow is melting, but it's warm in the garage. Lol
As soon as my kid leaves, I'm heading in the garage. I'm going to hook the charger up to see if the battery charges. And do the throttle, and install the new brake levers. I'll post pics.

Last edited:
Well finally got a few hours in on the mini bike, since I've never fired it up yet I wondered if the battery was still charged, so I put the charger on, it was still in the bag new. Well, the headlight works, horn, so I guy
Es it's still charged. Do you have to have the key in the on position to charge the battery? I'm going to add 100 CC's of lube to the outer fill plug, I'm still not sure what to ad if any on the inner fill plug.

I'm stoked, I switched 2 plugs that are not marked and the starter button works. I plugged in the charger and it turns faster. I take it the battery is all hooked up rite. The ends on the left brake is the same that's in the harness. the new brake lever needs to be swapped out. It doesn't match the other one anyway. Ok, one other two wire plug isn't plugged in, the plug says stop, the other the tag is gone. Does that make the key stop the motor in off? And a 3 wire plug with nothing to go
In there?

Last edited:
The light on the charger never changed to red so I Un-hooked the battery and put a volt meter on, no charge. ???wtf. I found it, the nub that lines the 3 port charger plug up is sheered off, so you can plug it in 3 diff ways, 2 being wrong. Back tested it for charge volts and now the red light is on on the charger, now it's charging. Looks like it charges with or without the key on. Next to see if the key shuts off the battery, as to kill the motor, I don't see a kill button.

Last edited:
Finished her up today, I ended up swapping out the safety switch and wire from the Orig lever with the new one. Works good. Tightened up everything, I had to cut an Allen to get at some of the socket head bolts. All I need is a seat now.

Got the seat almost done. It need another layer of plywood, I'll have to kerf it on a table saw, since it isn't flat. Got it velco'd on, you gotta put contact cement on the wood and metal surface or the velcro will pull off.

Now the seat locates itself in the same place. I think a couple of T nuts in the rear of the seat along with the Velcro should be fine.

Cut the top pc of the seat, wet it down and clamped it to shape it a bit. The last 3-4" tapers down a little.

Last edited:
The bend was rite on. Mounted it on the other 2 Pcs. One wing nut on a stud in the rear to remove it fast. I need to trim off each side and add the side drop Pcs. Glue Foam on and wrap it in a bkack vinyl. Maybe run a 45° router bit on the pc on the tank cover.

All work and no play is no good, ran down to St Pete beach for a few in Florida

Vacation is over, back at it. I need a handlebar pad, can't seem to locate s cheap one so I had some pipe insulation and some blue vinyl laying around, so I whipped one up, a little contact cement and it'll be nice.

Loving the ingenuity bud.

Can't be too much longer before you get to take it for a spin!!

Hey thanks. Ya, it's been warming up here. Can't wait for the first ride. I gotta work on the seat tomorrow so I finished the pad, turned under all 4 edges, spread a little contact cement on the back, rolled em over, done. I have Velcro on a roll w/ adhesive on, with Velcro on you can take the pad off. I only saw Pads w/ the monster logo on, and they didn't say how long, it had to be 7.5" and this was free. Lol

Last edited:
I worked on the seat, drilled a couple holes for the air to get out, got the sides cut, I just need to cut the angles, Should work out nice.

I finished the seat. A few adjustments here and there and it will work till I locate a orig one. The top needs to be routed off. While I'm working it a guy was riding past my house on a mini dirt bike. I imagine this engine will sound similar, it sounded like a back pack blower.

Last edited:
I'm ready to start the bike up, I mixed up some fresh gas yesterday, it's raining out now, later today if it's nice I'll post a video. I need to finish the seat up today, I haven't heard it run yet. Well, let's see.

Last edited:
I'm ready to start the bike up, I mixed up some fresh gas yesterday, it's raining out now, later today if it's nice I'll post a video. I need to finish the seat up today, I have heard it run yet. Well, let's see.

Fingers crossed dude she's all good!!

Latest posts

Back