Help buying pit bike x4r or dhz pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattrobbo

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a pit bike but still a bit unsure what to get, was just seeing if anyone could help shed a bit of light and point me in the right direction.

First option:
I found a secondhand pitster pro 160 x4r on gumtree

Up for sale is my Pitster pro 160 pit bike not like cheap Chinese pitbike this is built with quality in mind, very fast bike only riding a couple of times been in storage last year or so. So still in like new condition, has full black plastics on it but still have original plastics aswell, sell for $1400 Ono or May swap for car-topper style dinghy with motor. No scammers or emails, txt or calls only
Here's the link to see pics http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1029887989

Second option

I was looking at the dhz website and seen the dhz pro 160 for $1350

So just seeing what you guys think and what the differences between the two bikes are and what the better option would be to go with

Cheers

One of the main differences between the two is the pitster is a klx 110 style bike and the dpro is a crf70 style bike, some people prefer the feel of klx style bikes over crf ones so get a good feel of the bike before you buy it.

Ok cheers for that mate. So what are the differences between the klx110 and the crf70 style is it size or something?

the klx 110 style frame is considered to be a "mid-size" frame, i own a pitster pro x4r myself, its a solid bike and won't let you down if you take care of it.

No worries I might go up and see if I can test a couple different bikes in the next few days. Also Being 90kgs an 6,1" would one of those frame sizes favour a bigger rider? Or dosent really matter

Both bikes are mid size bikes so for size wise you'll be as good as you'll get for a 6 footer on a mini and I'd go the dhz hit them up to throw some stuff in when you buy it KC is always willing to help out.
That pitster is a nice bike but it's second hand at the end of the day anything could be wrong with it go check it out but doubt they would let you test ride it.

Last edited:
the x4r in the link is also a gpx engine, think i read something about them having a really short first gear? may be misguided but ive only heard good things about the 160ho engine provided its maintained properly

I'm sure the x4r's have the 160 ho dude! Also the x4r has gpx black labels and a dnm rear shock which is a $500 advantage over the pro!

Also the x4r is a mid size, slightly bigger than the dpro which is a (crf50) style. Not by much though!:)

Might be worth a look mate, maybe try and get him down to a grand? I've got 2 Dpro's and they're both great bikes! But the one with the gpx black labels and dnm rear shock is way better than the one with the standard forks n shock hands down! Personally I prefer the crf look! :p

Hope this helps.

I'm sure the x4r's have the 160 ho dude! Also the x4r has gpx black labels and a dnm rear shock which is a $500 advantage over the pro!

Also the x4r is a mid size, slightly bigger than the dpro which is a (crf50) style. Not by much though!:)

Might be worth a look mate, maybe try and get him down to a grand? I've got 2 Dpro's and they're both great bikes! But the one with the gpx black labels and dnm rear shock is way better than the one with the standard forks n shock hands down! Personally I prefer the crf look! :p

Hope this helps.

did you look at the link? the bike pictured has gpx in the heading thats why i assumed it was a gpx donk

1400 ..... Definitely dreaming looks like the older 155z to me not the 160 ho

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Ok no worries cheers for all that. I might see if I can have a look at it tomorrow then. any obvious things i should be looking for? Also another quick one what about the outlaw 160r would that be worth paying the extra $500. Or can you easily upgrade the dpro

:p now you've done it Nick!

Nooo you've got it all wrong brother i ment definatly dreaming about the price he wants for it ... i was only correcting your assumption of it being a 160ho LOL sorry mate

id steer clear of the other bikes you linked as well as they have pretty average front forks.... go jump on a dpro or outlaw, i really think thats the way to go unless you got a couple of grand extra and then its the lxr all the way

Latest posts

Back