!!Help!! Lifan 125 engine stumped to whats wrong

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Hey miniriders!

Im working on a Pit Pro big foot with a lifan 125cc engine. It is only around 5 hours old. Had been running great with no problems then it wouldnt rev past half throttle. Checked it and it had no valve clearance.

I have pulled the carby apart cleaned it, done valve clearance, tried another cdi and its still not right...It does more weird stuff now than before.

Syntoms: Plays games will rev one second then next it wont, or it will rev great up to hlf throttle then die and then it wont rev and just bog down untill you hit past half throttle...

Im stumped to what it can be :bigcry:

Thanks miniriders!

i had a similar problem last year mate, i tried everything and then after all that work, it turned out to be bloody dodgy fuel id bought the day before , dunno if this will help but thought id just throw the idea out there

can be as simple as a blocked tank breather.
or could be a bad earth wire, coil, plug, plug cap and so on..

We went and got some fresh fuel and its still doing it, and checked the breather nothing wrong with it. Not the coil already checked as well as the earth wire. So next is trying a new plug coil, etc i think its just the fact it runns a crappy fakuni lol.

Dont have one that will work on a 125 not sure what my mates going to do, getting a price from braaap on a carby, if they arent that good getting a oko from dhz...or ciniworx

Have you still got the stock spark plug in it cause if you do, go out and buy an NGK
My pitpro 140xr had the same problems where the revs just cut in and out randomly.
got the new spark plug in and it was perfect!
we also cleaned out the carby but is sounds like you've done that already...

I reckon you got some thing wrong with your CDI and it's telling your spark plug to firer at the wrong time.. Try new elec system on it..

could stator breaking down ran into that a few times in the past check with multi meter and make sure when you test it turn the flywheel abit at atime and check again.

Check your cam timing, mine did roughly same thing ... Is the engine brand new from five hours or was it rebuilt... Mine was 180 out and it wouldn't rev out at all... May be completly different to mine but its worth a check before you just throw money at it... Believe me haha

Check your cam timing, mine did roughly same thing ... Is the engine brand new from five hours or was it rebuilt... Mine was 180 out and it wouldn't rev out at all... May be completly different to mine but its worth a check before you just throw money at it... Believe me haha

Nice work on replying to a thread started in 2010 FAIL ....

Sent from my HTC One M7

oh well, at least he is trying to help.
i have been known to do it sometimes too.... :bolt:

Latest posts

Back