help:Motor leaking oil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLR125

Reaction score
hey. my motor (125) is leaking oil not really badly but if i let it sit overnight theres a drop or two on the ground.
its comingfrom the rear casing near the sproket i put 15/40 oil in so is not thin oil.

its an old motor and i will be uprgrading in the near future so im not to interested in buying a part for it but would it help to put maybe some engineoil stop leak for cars?
if i put a little bit of that in when i service it? or what if i thicken the oil?

any idea's much appreciated:)

Thanks

tighten the case bolts maybe? if its the seal itself...meh..put up with it...

could be the breather hose having a drool as well:p and appears to come from the casing

i checked the casing it must be the seal:(

will thicker oil make any difference? stop it from leaking as much i just checked then theres a fair bit of oil on the ground but i keep checking the dipstick it doesnt apear to be loosing much..

i just had the same problem with a mates motor and i had to replace a seal that is behind the sprocket (surrounds the shaft, its a round seal)

if it's only 2 drops a night don't worry about it since your replacing it soon, just put some thing there to catch the oil

putting thicker oil in aint gunna stop it. once its warm it just goes thin again. but dw to much i had my bros bike running on s%*t all oil it wasnt even reading on the stick.

Latest posts

Back