Help needed with intake/manifold

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHonda

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I need a intake for my slightly tuned z50ak2, (70cc cylinder+e22 cylinderhead). The intake must be in size for a Keihin pc18 carburator, aprox 18-21mm.

There is very little space between the cylinder and tank so it must be a very neat manifold or a long one, mounted at an angle to the side (have an angle-mountingplate). Thinking of having the carb straight out at left side. That way cable routing will not be complicated by the gastank.

Carburator mount is 48 mm c to c.
Cylinderhead 45 mm c to c.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
MH

Hey mate welcome to mr ... I'd try classic Honda 50's he's one of the site sponsors. The guy that runs the show is Jamie, he's a nice bloke and will sort ya out quick as a flash.

I have seen a 20mm (tb 88cc rh kit) fit under the tank on a k2, but its tight, you have to put a tb side exit fuel pet****. It's a bit of stuffing around but it can be done if you want it to look stockish. I agree with dready, your best bet is to hit up jamie at classichonda50'saustralia, the manifold in the tb 88 kits should suit your purpose(around 20mm). I had to mod a no name chinga manifold to fit a 26mm mikuni rip off carb under the tank of my J1 because i didnt want it hanging out the side. Ended up elongating the mount holes so i could spin it inwards so the throttle cable would end up in the gap between the tank and frame. Also shaved a mm or so off the bottom face with a beltsander and relocated the fuel pet**** forward on the tank about 5cm. Bit of work but i wanted it to look stock.

stevesmobile025.jpg

stevescamera083-1.jpg

Thanks for your replys! I have mailed Classic Honda 50´s. Hope he has a solution that not needs major modifications.

Motodevo, nice mods :)

/MH

He will;) The TB manifold/pet**** combo is a proven one.

Alternately, Takegawa has a long & low manifold that does the trick. There's a cheaper version as well, but requires a spigot-mount carb.
intakestraight.jpg

Same for motodevo, there are a few that are much lower than the Chinese version you have. You have to trim the nub off the float bowl, but save on tank surgery.

Yeh taki manifold would be nice but would end up doubling my budget which is pretty much spare change(when I actually have some) Everything that isn't stock Honda is 100% chingagawa

Yeh taki manifold would be nice but would end up doubling my budget which is pretty much spare change(when I actually have some) Everything that isn't stock Honda is 100% chingagawa

I can relate. My own stuff is ragged, rebuilt, hand-me-downs that I salvage from the scrap heap. Worse, I get to fondle all the cool goodies, then box 'em up and send them away. The kids I build engines for, get the good stuff.

Latest posts

Back