Help Needed... :-(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clinton3

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ive got a Dirtmax Dominator 160cc YX with about 8 hours on it. Picture below.

It has a HUGE kickback problem.

I have had it professionally serviced by DHZ and I have tried all the different methods of kicking, always about 50/50 kickback.

Been through one set of starter gears already and I have to do something about it.

I've been reading different solutions online:
*File the pick up on the flywheel.
*Adjust the mounts that hold the other pick up 10mm anti-clockwise to put the timing slightly out.
*Install an inner rotor kit.

Im a newbie with a set of spanners.

What do you guys suggest is the best option? And the one I could do myself?
Or that being said should I just take it to DHZ and pay them to do something?

Would really appreciate your opinions guys.

Cheers

Clinton

Attachments

• 190520_10150205956275021_742680020_8683999_1436823_n.jpg
    190520_10150205956275021_742680020_8683999_1436823_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 17
If I wanted to remove the flywheel and grind the pick up, do you need a special tool to remove and install it? Also if you take it off does it install right back into place or could putting it back a little bit off alter the timing?

you can file the trigger on the flywheel without removing it if you just use a hand file, just takes a little longer, if you dont want to remove it, you only have to remove a couple mm

the lifan 150 outer rotor kit is the best to use, but you need to get the backing plate machined 3mm so the magneto has clearance.. simple lathe job..

dont install an inner rotor kit. kickback will be no different and there unreliable anyways..

id either grind the pick up back or go the lifan outer rotor kit.. this would help too AUTO DE-COMP RACE CAM DHZ D25 Grind GPX YX 150 160cc | Mini Bikes | Pitbikes | Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories | DHZ Mini Moto

also if you have a die grinder and are pretty good at steering it you could use that to grind the pickup tab back..

might be a stupid qeustion but how long have you had the bike coz when i first got my bike it took about 15 hours for it to be run in and stop kicking back... that and doing the valve clearances properly

So does grinding the pick up on the flywheel effect performance at high revs?

The bike only has about 8 hours on it.
So you think it might stop kicking back with more hours on it?

they usually get better with age but by then you've had enough of replacing gears and wat not..

people recon it does effect the top rev range but im yet to notice it.. bottom line is these have way to much advance, specially at idle.. i got a thread kicking around here where i used a timing light to see what curve they run.. lol most of them are ridiculous.

the lifan outer rotor kick has a perfect curve..

if you dont want to file the trigger on the flywheel you can elongate the screwholes for the pickup (the bit that is outside the flywheel) and move the pickup upwards(counterclockwise) ad the ignition as much as possible. That will retard the ignition a little, if its better but not quite enough you can then file a little off the trigger(raised metal on flywheel)

Latest posts

Back