Help ! Pitsterpro LXR 17/14

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntNZ

Reaction score
So i ordered a 2012 x4r couple of weeks ago and much to my surprise a lxr 14 turned up on my doorstep. Not complaining worth nearly 2k more. Thing is I dont know what year/model the bike is, I presume it is a 2012 but dont know.
The only place on the bike that has lxr on it is on rear mudguard (LXR155r),but on the engine block is stamped 150cc. It came with seperate (black nitro circus valve covers) and case guard protecter.
It has a molkt carb that leaks all the fuel into cylinder head if tap is left on. After running in the engine i started giving it a good workout to see what the little beast was capable of, seems to have good power but breaks down (coughs&splutters) as soon as i get over 3/4 throttle, not so bad in 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th real bad.
Have ordered mikuni pz30 for it, hope it is the right choice.
It has progressive link 14 swingarm and runs 17/14 wheels. Is it ok to run 14/12 on these bikes?
I know photos would help identify this bike but i am techanogicly challenged and wouldnt have a clue how to upload them.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Welcome to Miniriders,

Make sure to drop by in to our Introduce Yourself thread and say hello too.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

Sounds like you got a good deal with the LXR then, is it new old stock, or used ?
Is there a build plate on the head stem tube at the front?

The Molkt carbys are a bit hit and miss even from new, i have seen a couple that the floats are twisted and foul on the main jet tower.
It could be as simple as a stuck needle and seat, or dirt etc in it?
I reckon the high float bowl level/flooding is causing your over rich / spluttering at 3/4 throttle and up too.

Personally i would be putting an OKO 26mm flat slide carby on it, they are fairly easy to tune, and the power gain is very good.

With the 150cc cylinder, pics might make it a bit easier.
In the pic below of the 2 head cam gear covers on the right (Kawasaki KLX on the far left), which one does it look like ?

743x461xIMAG0116.jpg.pagespeed.ic.KSlxfJ1fjN.webp

This thread helps explain how to load up pics here.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...ers-old-new-few-helpful-tips-hints-ideas.html

Cheers, Craig

Hi, the bike was new (in crate),and the covers are same as the ones on the right side. thanks

ok,
the YX150 use the same sized bores as the YX160 and the Z155/Z155Ho Z160Ho's, 60mm, so that will be ok.
They might have been running low on cylinders at the factory that day and used the YX150 one?
So yeah all good, you have the tough Z155Ho or Z160Ho race engine.

Thanks for the help. So you think the pz30 carb is not that good? I do love to ride hard but am not a professional racer.
So would a 14/12 wheel setup be alright on this bike even though it is a lxr 14?
I presume main frame and swingarm are slightly larger/longer than the lxr 12. thanks again.

If it is a longer swinger, and you want the shorter one id swap my stock swinger with yours as I run the bigwheel combo and im a bit tight on clearance with the 14 rear

Go with a keihin pe 28mm carby with /42/125 jets it will b heapz better then a pz30
Amd will still suit if u go with a bigger bore kit later

Last edited:
125 main would be way rich on a stock 155/160, im running a 100 mains on my sons 160ho with 26mm oko. 105 mains with pe28 on my tb headed 160, perfect coffee coloured plug.

I agree, the 125 Main is too rich, the 42 Pilot could be a touch rich on a Z160Ho too ?
I have a 45/110 on the Daytona 190 with a 28mm PWK

I reckon the pilot would be, i have either a 38 or 40 in the oko26, and a 42 in the pe28, but that is bolted to the tb head..
Oko 26mm gives plenty of punch on the stock 160s, and would still perform well with any upgrades.

Thanks for all the info guys. My rear wheel doesnt have much clearance at the front either, wont get much adjustment out of chain before tire hit swingarm at front.
Havnt sourced a oko 26mm flatslide here in nz yet but have found a oko 28mm flatslide.
What would the 28mm oko be like? cheers

Hey mate

Go the 26mm oko and a 36 pilot and a 100 to 105 main jet. I had a 26mm on my 160ho and it went well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my pe 28 are on v2 heads and 64mm cylinder

Hey mate

Go the 26mm oko and a 36mm pilot and a 100 to 105mm main jet. I had a 26mm on my 160ho and it went well.
how do you fit a 36mm Pilot jet and a 105mm Main jet into the OKO ? lol

Both my pe 28 are on v2 heads and 64mm cylinder

so your PE's are on 184cc engines, not 160cc

Im confused Craig. Thats what i had in my bike. I remember that Brendo gave me them the night before the sinister race.

Edit:

Yea noob moment i see my problem now haha. Been doing too much engineering lately haha.

Yea both bikes have 64mm bore kits and v2 heads

Latest posts

Back