Help please on gear box on lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

need info on how to split the center case of lifan 125cc type r head

• Total voters

MINI_RIDER_69

Reaction score
Hey just need some help i broke something on a 125cc type r head lifan motor and wondering if any one cane help me i need to no how to split the case i no how to take off head thanks to tech talk and the problem is i spin the sprocket on the motor and it is in netrual and it spins like it spose to but the it when im spignning it ti stops all of a sudden i move it baack and go fowrd again and it works so im think some where along the line of cracked gear in the gear box i can get parts for it just need no how to plit the center any help thanks ?

i think you have to take off the barrel, take out the pistion and all of that stuff, take the clutch cover off and undo a lot of bolts(going off a big bike here..) take the fly wheel off???(not to sure about that one) but you definently have to take the clutch cover off.

search for "exploded diagrams" and I think you can get a honda service manual which will be very simliar to your engine but that's $30 down the drain if you fail, If it was my engine I'd give it a crack you've got nothing to lose really and If you fail then buy a new engine

in netrual and it spins like it spose to but the it when im spignning it ti stops all of a sudden i move it baack

i really found this bit hard to decipher, were you the code writer during WWII?

:p

remove head, cylinder, clutch cover, clutch, flywheel, gearshift shaft.

it is a lot of work, and then getting it all back together again is a PITA.... especially if its your first go....

save the cash n get a new motor...

if you go ahead and start stripping, well... take pics(ooooh la la:p) sketches, etc...

ps, im always a willing new home for dead engines;)

Last edited:
i got 2 dead motors one motor is seased and one has crack gear whats easyer to fix?

the seased one may just be cylinder which is gunna be hundred bux and work for you

a gear drum is a hunge before ya start plus full case split took me 3 hours last time i know what i'm doing for the most and i tell ya one washer short or in the wrong place and you'll be doin it again in a week

as the option i put in your poll if your bike is worth the while save ya coin and through a 150 in it and be done you wont know yaself

another way to look at it is if ya spend say $150 fixing it it'll work but still be an old worn out motor, you might need new piston/rings you could have worn clutch, kickstart gears etc. when for like $350 you get a brand new 140

or you could buy an atomik 140 for 600-700 take the engine for your bike and strip it down and sell the parts as brand new, you may just end up getting a free engine this way ;)

brand new rims with tubes n tires $100 at least
usd forks $100 at least
rear shock $50
plastics $20
fuel tank $20
brake system $100 at least
kickstart $20
gear lever $10
bars $30
grips $10
throttle $30
frame #100 at least

you'd easily be able to sell this crap for $600

With bike trannies ... all you have to do is sit both gear shafts in the LHS crank case ... then check that every set of gears is precisely aligned and centred with each other ... The flat face of the gears with holes in 'em has to face toward the dogs ... otherwise you'll discover a few extra neutrals ... LOL ... The washers are what you have to watch ... It's best to keep everything together and in order of disassembly on the shafts ... There's usually a copper washer between a gear and each circlip for obvious reasons ... Thin steel shim washers usually go on the ends of the shafts ... their job is to eliminate side to side slop of the shafts inside the cases ... Minimal end float is desireable and you can add extra shims to minimise the play ... You have to check end float after the the case screws have been tightened ... The centre case gasket thickness is important ... If you try to run no gasket , you risk side loading the bearings if there's insufficient shaft float ...

why did the other engine sieze? you might just be able to pull the cylinder etc from the stuffed box motor and transplant it onto the siezed one...depending which parts siezed, and why it siezed...

Latest posts

Back