Help please with ID on these two bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybus90

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm from Brisbane and I'm new to this hobby I currently own a pitboss empire 140.

I would like to get a ID on these two bikes please. They will be possible projects/ fixer uppers. Thanks for any helpful input.

Both bikes look to be older model CRF50 based, electric start 125 pit bikes.
top one has a Ducar engine? and uses XR style plastics,
bottom one has a Loncin engine? and uses CRF50 style plastics

Ok so I picked both these bikes up. The yellow one is a Orion with a ducar 125 which runs well. Needs tidy up and brakes.

The black one is still unknown but it's a 110 and engine has low compression and blows lots of smoke but still runs. Needs a tidy up and a rear tube and brakes also. Got the both for $100.

Do you think it's a good buy?

I will focus on getting the Orion up to scratch. I wouldn't mind getting the electric start working also.

to see if it's just the solenoid, fit a charged battery, or jumper leads to the battery leads, and try starting it.
you may need to hold the front brake lever on for it to fire too.
if you still dont get anything, try and jump the 2x smaller terminals on the starter solenoid, or run a seperate power to the starter motor side of the solenoid.
the electric start not working, could be the terminals inside the stater solenoid are corroded.
if you take the rubber cover off it, you'll see a couple of tabs holding the top half to the bottom.
use a screwdriver to pry them up enough to seperate the 2x halves and it'll come apart.
take note of what sits where too.

Yeah $50 each is ok, you'd have that much in parts etc

Thanks, yeah I wasn't to worried about the all black one but it was a package deal. If I can get the Orion going well with brakes and electric start it will be a perfect bike to teach to mrs how to ride

I think $100 for the both is a good buy
Keen too see them all fixed up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I stripped plastics and seats and cleaned the frame and motors. I ordered some brakes for the yellow and black one. May order some plastics too. I checked out the electric start on the all black bike it it seems to work just needs a battery. Will transfer all electric start over to the black and yellow one as it has previously been removed from this bike.

Latest posts

Back