Help please!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z50RLaie

Reaction score
i spent a couple of hours putting a lifan 125cc auto engine on my 88' z50R. so i finished and kicked it but just wont start. i dont know if the wiring is correct, or the carb i need some help cuz i just dont know what the **** im doing!!! thankyou!

Need some photos of the wirering..

It is making any sounds?

Need more info too.

Welcome to MR.com

kllalaie

2011-03-03_22-43-51_638.jpg

2011-03-03_22-43-09_858.jpg

these are some pics of the wiring. doesnt sound like its firing but i checked the sparkplug and its firing.as for the sounds it makes just sounds like im kicking with no spark plug.

You've got spark? Check valve adjustment (seen every thing from too tight to close, to the adjuster screw missing)? Getting fuel to carb? Choke on? I ofter raise the slide a tad with the idle screw on new engines for initial start. Seem to like a little extra mix when they're tight. Oil in it, right?

If not sparking, here's an additional resource:
CUSTOM & ENGINE SWAP PARTS

well wasnt getting a spark with new wiring so i switched back to the original cdi and coil that was on stock honda now im getting a spark but just wont start up what should i do???

Your chain mate! tighten it up!

lol altho i dont think its gonna stop the engine from running it would be a wise move, but i guess he hasnt got to that from installing the new engine.

buy some start ya bastard and spray it down the carb while kicking it over (may require a second person to help).

obviously if it runs then you have a fuel issue if it doesnt then its still a spark issue

Hell yea! I like to thank everyone for the advice. Sprayed some starter fluid and started right up. Took it to the track and ripped **** up. THANKYOU!!!!

...oh and one moe thing... im looking to buy a better exhaust any tips on what kind i should buy?

He already said its a lifan 125. Just buy a chinga exhaust and shorten it so the pipe finishes before the rear shock. For my road j1 i used a chinga header and welded it to the centre section from the zed(after i gutted it) so i can keep it looking stock with the original heatshield.
stevescamera128.jpg

stevescamera127.jpg

Last edited:
i think you might just have to cut a bit off the end of the header pipe so the muffler ends before the shock. If you put a thick layer (between 5mm and 10mm) of silicon on the back side of the plastics on the muffler side it'll stop the muffler melting it

Latest posts

Back