HELP: wiring up outer rotor kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey mate. that kit should be plug and go. what wires do you have left over after pluging them in?

Hey i have plugged everything in an im pretty sure thats rite. I have a LITE GREEN with red strip, GREEN with white strip, YELLOW and PINK wires coming from the Stator, then i have BLACK with red strip and BLUE with white coming from the CDI. Dont know what is what lol, so if you could help me out i woud greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Last edited:
enginewiring-1.jpg

Cheers for that i got it started but it isnt running right now, it seems to be miss firing??? anyone help me out?

one from left field.... Check your ground point and earth wire on the coil, might find it's a bad earth, unlikely if you didn't change it but worth a check.

Yea i changed my earth but i just took it off sanded back where it bolts and still the same, i drained my fuel tank thinking the fuel could of gone stale due to it sitting for a month or so but yea still the same, cant see what is wrong?? any idea's?

Hey
I asked my mate wats goin on n he reckons its leaning out, dnt know how to adjust it so just wondering if there is a guide or something?? cheers

The mixture needle can adjust lean to rich settings, any pics of what carby your running or if you know what type carby it is.

Pic above looks very familar lol...

Sounds like you could have the stator timing very retarded or a dirty carby...

hey man ive cleaned my carby out, cleaned my jets and still cant understand wats going on, thinking im just going to take it to the shop??

adjusted the timing?

these magneto kits are pretty sensitive with timing...

make sure the adjustment is in the middle and make small adjustments from there...

adjusted the timing?

these magneto kits are pretty sensitive with timing...

make sure the adjustment is in the middle and make small adjustments from there...

yeah man ive had it done up in every spot i posible can and its still back firing, its like its gettin too much fuel or not enough, ive cleaned my carby out still running the exact same so i played around with the air fuel mixture tryed to make it real rich and it would back fire wen just on idol,i took my sparky out and it seems pertty black so thats an indication its running rich? cant figure it out its stressin me out havnt riden in over a month been playing with it pretty much everyday haha

Latest posts

Back