Help with 350 Quad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly990

Reaction score
Hi All, I have purchased a 350cc racing quad with yep... electrical issues. the previous owner decided to "Try" fix it and has cut most if not all wires and ripped majority out completely as well.

I'll try to attach a pic ( new one) apparently its an Atomik brand ? but cannot find anything with " Atomik" on it. I has a Zongshen motor. fast ace shocks all round.

If anyone could help with a wiring diagram or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

welcome to Miniriders,

make sure you drop by and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here

there should be an engine model number stamped into it somewhere, maybe below the front sprocket ?
the quad looks a lot like the Atomik Feral 250cc

$_12.JPG

i would be guessing that just a generic type loom should work with it too, one like this -
Wire Loom Wiring Harness 150cc 200cc 250cc 300cc ATV Quad Bike Buggy GO Kart | eBay

cheers, craig

Last edited:
Hi Craig and Thanks.

Yep engine # starts with a star then 881.... can't really define the rest yet, just going off a pic i took with my phone one night. The quad is parked up the back shed at the moment. ill pull it out tomorrow arv and write the numbers down. I have a frame # too... VHMATV350Pxxx if that helps.....

Cheers,

Paul

nah you'd at least need the engine model number
how does your loom look compared to the one in the link ?

post up a pic of what electrical components it has, and the colour wires, and style of plugs/sockets each one has
eg ignition switch, cdi, ignition coil, regulator/rectifier, kill switch, battery wires, starter solenoid, starter motor , stator, etc etc

Last edited:
Ok here are some pictures of the wiring.... and CDI. Ignition switch and Kill switch are gone. Red and green wire from Rec/Reg go no-where I guess postive and negative 12v?

Last edited:
I have a wiring diagram for a Warrior that looks identical just different colour wires. I might just try to nut it out.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Paul, can you send me the wiring diagram?I've got the same engine with electrical problems. It would be very nice to have some diagram while fixing it. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20150103_141149.jpg

IMG_20150103_141132.jpg

IMG_20150103_140709.jpg

IMG_20150103_140915.jpg

IMG_20150103_140943.jpg

IMG_20150103_141040.jpg

I am kind of noob in this, but with some help I can fix this. Can someone tell me what these components are and what these wires are for?

Thank you guys so much in advance!

the second picture is the ignition coil, it needs power from the cdi when starting/running, and a decent earth to the frame.
the third pic down looks like a CDI plug, it connects to a cdi
second to last is a starter motor solenoid.
last pic is a regulator / rectifier

I am kind of noob in this, but with some help I can fix this. Can someone tell me what these components are and what these wires are for?

have you had any luck yet ?

He read my reply and hasn't been back since so i think he worked it out.

update

did you get it sorted ??

i'm still struggling with this one. any ideas?

I have tried atomik and most other chinese quad places around QLD and they have nothing.

I have the same pice of shina bike can you tell me where to put the red and black and green and blue wire's if I'm going straight into the 8 pin cdi

Latest posts

Back