Help! with a Lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted-X

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to the forum but I've got a kind of a large issue. I'm in the middle of transplanting a brand new Lifan 125cc (1p54fmi) engine into a an old 1979 CT90 frame. I only just got the motor into the frame yesterday, and today I decided to try the kickstarter (there's oil in the motor) and it doesn't seem to be turning the motor at all. There is no resistance. I've tried it in all gears (including neutral like it should), with the clutch both in and out. I can turn the motor over with the flywheel and it has compression, and the output sprocket turns like it should. Also of note: the output sprocket is loose on the shaft, will this be a problem?

TIA

Welcome to Minirider's

Make sure you drop by and Introduce Yourself here.

The front sprocket's aren't a tight fit on the spline's, so that is normal.

The kick start problem, start it in neutral (only way it'll start) but try disconnecting the clutch cable and try kicking it over, it might be adjusted too tight?

Also check the valve clearance's before running it if you can, most are set incorrectly from the factory.
Run .003" on the inlet and .004" on the exhaust

Cheer's, Craig

might be a wiring issue has it got spark ?

btw they only start in neutral

Latest posts

Back