Help with a new mini bike purchase!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael88

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes I'm aware of existing posts on what bikes to buy but every good bike company seems to not be making bikes anymore.

I have contacted Pitsterpro about their X2 140 and Ciniworx's about their CNC 150 and 140 resulting in them both saying that they don't stock them or make them any more.

Im wanting to get something of good quality and willing to spend around $2500AUD.

Do you have any suggestions on what is the best bike to get for that coin?

Thanks in advance!

welcome to miniriders,

don't forget to drop in to our http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.htmlthread and say g'day too.

what do you want to do with the bike ?
these seems to fit your budget

2012 PitsterPRO LXR 160cc Nitro Circus Edition
or this and spend another $700 on a Big Bore kit and TB V2 head,
DHZ DPRO 160
Motovert Pro 160cc 14-12 2014 | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store
Comp L 160cc - Competition Bikes - Dirt Bikes
Comp L 172cc - Competition Bikes - Dirt Bikes

cheers, craig

Last edited:
Hey Craig,

Thanks for you reply!

I have had a good look at your suggestions and the Motovert and PitsterPRO are my favourite out of those.

I also came across this one: DHZ OUTLAW R Daytona Anima 190FDX 4Valve Engine, KEIHIN PE28

Are there any other good brands out there?

These two Ciniworx bikes are the ones I really want but they don't stock them any more!!!

Ciniworx Ultimate Dirtbikes | Dirt Bikes for Sale | Pit Bikes | Gear, Parts and Accessories

Ciniworx Ultimate Dirtbikes | Dirt Bikes for Sale | Pit Bikes | Gear, Parts and Accessories

Yeah I just love the CNC billet alloy frame on those Ciniworx.

Yeah I've been riding for a while now. Have read up that the Daytona Anima 190FDX 4Valve Engines are quiet a good and reliable engine.

The 160 goes quiet good looking at that video. The 190 would be crazy fun then.

Are the any other bike for around $2500 that could compare or that any one would suggest?

the atomik comp l 172cc would go close to the anima in power, and its quite a good looking bike actually with linkage rear end. there is a link in my67xr's post above. i must say, i have a braaap 190 and it is a weapon on the trails, a little to much so at times, if you buy anything with the anima in it, be prepared for a white knuckle ride ;)

If youd love a Braaap mate. Im selling one in near new condition for 1200. Its a braaap Classic bling.
Has the Dnm forks and Elka rear.
Great bike has a z160ho motor in it with a oko 28mm carby

Where are you from?
You can buy my bike for 2.3g with a 184 kit installed brand new with pipe and zochis (the best mini bike forks money can buy) And tbv2 head..
Or buy mine for 1.5k (with zochis and spares) and do it all yourself or go for a 67mm piston so you can lift the front with the tallest gearing
I think linkage is the way to go if your spending all that dosh

Yeah I actually had a look at that but just want something complete ready to go. That piranha bike i linked before looks awesome.

tbh the dhz 190 looks really good..
But i have ridden a non linkage 184 kit elka rear shock pitty and that was squerriley as all hell..
Got on a 67mm kit v2 head linkage and found it to hook up (as well as you can with 25+ hp) 100% more and soak up the bumps 100% better..
the reason i went linkage :)

the ciniworks cz 160 seemed to be great for the price too, the one with the linkage..
Good blokes them too At pretty much every race meet i have seen

What does the linkage mean? Just so im 100% clear haha
"linkage" is a term im over using :p Its just how the rear shock absorber is mounted to the swingarm..
Changing the leverage and in my mind making them smoother and much better.

I choose to build off a linkage frame/swingarm as because i belive there better and non linkage frames are nearly impossible/custom to convert to the linkage..

160s go ok....here is a vid of a z160Ho flat in 4th no work done to the motor!

Chops is a bit slow so I had to back off for him a few times....didnt want him to hit a wombat hole since he has tiny little wheels....Im on a bigwheel same motors both 160s!!!

[video=youtube;tI6TQ3QoB7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6TQ3QoB7w[/video]

Hey bud,

I have had pitpr, atomik, dhz and pitsterpro...

and the only bike i have now is the pitsterpro LXR, after riding a rear linkage bike i ahve never gone back, my wife has a pitpro 140xr that i have a bit of a ride on every now and then, but the rear linkage bike in my opinion ****s over andything else, psto do a version alsom and so does ciniworx.

just make sure you do your research and and get a bike suitable for your needs.

Kris

160s go ok....here is a vid of a z160Ho flat in 4th no work done to the motor!

Chops is a bit slow so I had to back off for him a few times....didnt want him to hit a wombat hole since he has tiny little wheels....Im on a bigwheel same motors both 160s!!!

[video=youtube;tI6TQ3QoB7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6TQ3QoB7w[/video]

That video is bias Stu! I'm probably close to 20kg's heavier than you too!:LolLolLolLol:

[video=youtube;0Vf2TQ8Rugw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vf2TQ8Rugw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hey mate.
This is the Braaap im selling.
10450970_748040738571585_5906983178496066267_n_zps86b7dca1.jpg

Has an Elka rear shock
Dnm Hornets
Z160ho motor
Oko 28mm carby
Uni filter
And has all the Braaap blingy bits on it as well

Latest posts

Back