Help with chinese 300cc motorcycle engine wiring !!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kainew

Reaction score
Hi i am really confused with this engine i bought.
I'm getting no feed back from the supplier, or the manufacturers.
It's a Yinxiang 300cc 170FMN 1E000008.
i cant find any bike the engine is in to look at for reference, and no one seems to be talking about them much online...
Should of really looked into that first really!!!

Now i have this Wiring Diagram i got from another website, and modified it a little would this work in wiring the bike???

Custom_Motorcycle_Wiring_Diagram_by_Evan_Fell.png

With the rectifier can i just take the wire from the battery and the red wire from the rectifier link the two together before connecting to the ignition switch??

What colour wire would go from the ignition to the starter solenoid (My solenoid is one yellow and red one green)??
I know the larger terminals connect to the battery and the starter. I think the yellow/red wire is the cable to the ignition switch and the green to the kill switch would this be right.

Finally last question What on earth are these cable for?? they come straight out of the engine.

IMG_0050.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not some books or information on where best to find the answers thanks.

This is the bike overall.

10382263_10154233059940585_8745030226268179844_o.jpg

This is the engine.

IMG_0206.jpg

The number stamped on the engine block is this 170FMN1E000008

IMG_0055.jpg
[/IMG]

i have 3 yellow wires coming from the engine. this i know is from the stator.

IMG_0052.jpg

then i have 3 other wires, a Green, a Black/red and a White/blue. White/blue is pulse/trigger black/red im not sure of and green is earth...

IMG_0051.jpg

Now what im really confused with and some say is a gear indicator, are these wires there's 6 in total.

IMG_0050.jpg
]

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention all the wires come out of the engine at the same place the left hand side near the stator.

Welcome to Minirider's.

The 3x yellow wire's should go from the lighting/charge coil on the stator, up to the regulator/rectifier
The other 3x wire's are from the stator too- blue w/white trigger coil, black w/red wire is the source coil (power the cdi), and green is earth.
All 6x wires ^ will connect up to plug's on the main loom

The last picture is, as you've heard, for a gear position indicator.
It isn't used in most cases.

Ok hhhmmm i still get no ignition from the kickstarter or the electric start. im sure i have compression as i can feel it on both the exhaust and the carb.

Is there a way to test if my stator is broken or not. Also testing the cdi without buying a replacement???

Thanks for the reply oh and for fixing the image links hahahah

So are the 3x wire's from the stator connected to the main loom now?
Is the cdi connected?
Does it have an ignition switch/key ?
Any spark ?

there is no loom i'm having to make the narness myself.

All wires connected to the cdi etc.

Multimeter tests show i have continuity on the ignition coil, r/r, lights, indicators and on most of the other components.

I have compression and a full ish battery. So i think i have a damaged cdi :(

Try setting your multimeter to 250V AC, put one lead from your meter to the black w/yellow power lead to the ignition coil.
Then put the other lead to the earth point for the ignition coil.
Kick the bike over and see if there is any voltage going to the coil.

Have you checked that the stator green wire is running to a clean bare metal earth?
And is the ignition coil earthed well too ?

Is your cdi an AC or DC unit, because the wiring is different for the 2 cdi's

CDI_AC_DC.jpg

No voltage going to the ignition when i kick start or when i use the electric start.

All earthing points are to the frame easier so i didnt have so much wire and i didnt have enough of the right gauge wire for earth ahahaha.

So yer think its defo the cdi

im not sure what the cdi is it came with the bike i asked for DC but its so small it cant be DC must be AC

This is a simplified version of your first pic, wiring diagram

tHREE_pHASE_no_magneto.png

Do you have a fully charged 12v battery connected? (guessing so since you mentioned you tried electric start)
Is there a switch or disconnected plug/socket on or near the kick stand ?

Theres not a switch near the kick no, and my R/R only has 3 yellow 1 red and 1 black no green. also how do i know if my stator is dc or ac lol

The cdi's can vary size, so it isn't always the small one that's DC powered.

The reg/rects' earth is through the mounting point to the frame.
And i just noticed that pic i posted doesn't show the source coil connecting to the cdi ?

Get your mulitmeter and you can check the source coil and trigger coils on the stator, and the ignition coil

To test the source coil,
Set the meter to 2000 Ohms, and put one lead from the meter to the black w/red striped wire
and the other lead to the green from the stator
let me know what reading you get.

Then set your meter to 200 Ohms, and put one lead from your meter to the blue w/white wire
and your other lead to the green from the stator
Let me know the reading you get from there

To check your ignition coils' primary and secondary windings
To test the primary winding's, set your meter to 200 Ohms.
Put one lead from the meter to the power in terminal of the ignition coil,
and the other lead from your meter to the second (earth) terminal of your ignition coil (or to the coil earth if it just has a single power connection to the ignition coil)
What reading do you get ?

Then unscrew the spark plug cap off the end of your coil lead,
Set your meter to 20,000 (20K) Ohms, and put one lead from your meter to the power in terminal,
and the other lead from the meter into the end of your coil lead so it touch's the copper core of the lead
What is the reading here ?

And lastly check your spark plug cap,
Set the meter to 20,000 (20k) Ohms and put one lead from the meter to the threaded screw in where the coil lead screw's into,
and the other lead into the end that clip's onto the top of your spark plug
What is your reading here ?

If you get a reading of 1 on any of the above test's, and it doesn't change when you are testing, it may have a bad contact to the terminal.
It could also indicate a broken winding somewhere in one of the coils, or a broken wire that run's up to the main loom.
Wiggle it around and re-check it, you could even spray it with WD spray to get a better contact

hey bro i listen you and i check blue and whit and i get some ohms and i check red and balack and nothing what is that ?

hey bro i listen you and i check blue and whit and i get some ohms and i check red and balack and nothing what is that ?

Welcome to Minirider's.
Make sure you drop in here and Introduce Yourself too.

So you have a 250cc or 300cc china dirt bike too ?
No reading on the black w/red stripe wire and the green would suggest that you could have a bad connection or corroded terminal's where you are testing it
Did you try testing the black w/red with your meter set at 2000 Ohm's, 20,000 Ohm's etc/
Or that the one or more winding's in the source coil on the stator are broken, damaged, shorted out ?
Might be a broken wire between the terminal where it plug's into the main loom and the Source coil ?

How many Ohm's do you get across the blue w/white and the green wire's ?

Cheer's Craig

Hey bro i have pit bike 125ccm and i check blue/white wire on 200 ohms and i get some ohm i forgott how much and i check red/black on 2000 ohms and nothing.I dont can pull out magneto i must find key for that

Last edited:
i have kick start engine i know for that key i must found him
i check the blue/white wire on 200 ohm and i have
i check the red/black wire and i have 35-40V but on 2000 ohms nothing why?

Latest posts

Back