Help with CRF50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch165

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post so sorry in advance if it's not in the right topic.

I'm about to buy a 2014 crf 50 and got plans of doing some mods to it, I'm not to fussed on putting a 88 kit in it for the moment it'll just be for abit of fun and to ride with my son who I'm teaching to ride at the moment.
Now I have no clue on how to build a 50 up I've never owned one but browsing the net and looking on other forums I think I may have an idea in what I need and will get.
The list below is a few things I've looked and want to know if they are what I should go for(advice on brands and options for them muchly appreciated)
It will pretty much be a copy of my 13 crf 450 cosmetic wise same sticker kit, grips, colour rims etc.
- pro taper bar kit
- bbr e6 black forks(not sure if these are extended or what?)
- n style gripper seat
- fml factory 4.1 full exhaust stainless
- footpegs + mounts billetware
- Asv shorty black brake lever + perch
- extended kill switch
- bling kit
- black rims (haven't seen a variety of brands)

Now one area I have no idea about is the suspension front and rear Ive seen stuff about fork extensions +1 etc. Not to sure on what all that mean so help on that would be muchly appreciated also with the rear suspension what's the deal with it I've seen ones that are works suspension are they the go? Or is there other brands around to go with. Also the pro taper bar kit are there different height rises or are they all the same height? I don't want it to be super low and uncomfortable.
All help and advice will be super appreciated as I don't know to much and also website or shops to buy from, I live in Sydney Australia.

- pro taper bar kit ..... look for a dif brand , known to snap at the bar mount , bbr , sano ect or buy clamp bars throttle seperate

- bbr e6 black forks(not sure if these are extended or what?) , they are longer need a longer swinger arm to balance bike out
- n style gripper seat, ok , bbr good, red baron better
- fml factory 4.1 full exhaust stainless , might be to big for stock motor , but be ok with bore kit or pro curcuit
- footpegs + mounts billetware , dont make any more may be hard to find , bbr mount ect , fastway pegs
- Asv shorty black brake lever + perch , got 1 my bike good buy
- extended kill switch , might come with bar kit
- bling kit
- black rims (haven't seen a variety of brands) sm pro , exel if got $$$ need HD spokes aswell
+1 fork are just just 1 inch long but alot stonger and heavey duty springs in kit work good with stock swingarm and ok with bit longer swinger , but they only spring
Rear shock all depends $$$ takagawa do decent cheep 1 $100 odd or fox float for few hunge more ..
Hope that helps a bit :)

- pro taper bar kit ..... look for a dif brand , known to snap at the bar mount , bbr , sano ect or buy clamp bars throttle seperate

- bbr e6 black forks(not sure if these are extended or what?) , they are longer need a longer swinger arm to balance bike out
- n style gripper seat, ok , bbr good, red baron better
- fml factory 4.1 full exhaust stainless , might be to big for stock motor , but be ok with bore kit or pro curcuit
- footpegs + mounts billetware , dont make any more may be hard to find , bbr mount ect , fastway pegs
- Asv shorty black brake lever + perch , got 1 my bike good buy
- extended kill switch , might come with bar kit
- bling kit
- black rims (haven't seen a variety of brands) sm pro , exel if got $$$ need HD spokes aswell
+1 fork are just just 1 inch long but alot stonger and heavey duty springs in kit work good with stock swingarm and ok with bit longer swinger , but they only spring
Rear shock all depends $$$ takagawa do decent cheep 1 $100 odd or fox float for few hunge more ..
Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks mate! What websites are good to use? Are there any good Aussie ones?
Also with the lengthened forks do I have to go a bigger swing arm or can I get away with a heavy duty spring and stock swing arm, this bike won't be used for jumping itll just be used for backyard or when I take my son out and I might take it to track days to putt around on.
I have a fair idea on what to do now just some brand help would be good, I don't mind throwing money into but if there's budget stuff I can get away that would be good.
And also are there any places where I can buy complete wheels for them? Or do I need to buy the rim and put heavy duty spokes in myself?

isnt a lot of shops in aus that stock stuff anymore 1 posted above is about it? buzzbikes aswell
+1 fork kit works good with stock swinger and can just put hd spring on rear shock if on budget , but prob better off with another cheeper shocks fastace or the takagawa shock they round $100
with wheels use stock hubs with hd spokes and rims , just need to drill holes out a bit in hub to acommodate bigger spokes , are vids on how to do + respoking and trueing.

Latest posts

Back