Help with setting up Mikuni carb on 110cc lifan???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
WANTED: new carby for lifan 110cc (22mm mikuni maybe?)

CONDITION: working

PREFERED PRICE RANGE: negotiable

EXTRA INFORMATION: NEED IT NOW!!!!

well after trying to drill my old pilot jet on the sheng wey because i couldnt get a new one its now completely screwed.

need a new carby ASAP, thinking a mikuni 22mm or something, does'nt have to be but somewhere aroung that size.

let me know whatever you have got and i'll see if it will work

got a stock mikuni carby from the rx brand new looks like a small mother ****er and has airfilter attached still never been used

pm me if ya keen dude i am in craigieburn aswell :)

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-classifieds/25374-mikuni-vm26.html

if you interested, could have it at your by friday if your in metro melbourne

that's not a vm26 and it's WAY too big for his bike

if you go a 22mm mikuni like what spoonta68 has you'll have to port your manifold out to 26mm on the intake end and leave it at 22mm on the head end.... 22mm mikuni's have a retarded 26mm throat but it will work fine on your engine.... only better you could do would cost a fair bit like a vm22 or oko 21mm etc.

ok here's whats happening, got the mikuni carb from spoonta (cheers mate)
had to use the manifold it came with cos the old one didnt allow the mikuni to fit properly, modified the throttle cable and used the existing cap from the sheng wey as it had the bent inlet and fitted the mikuni.
now its hooked up and running but i am guessing way too rich, give it a rev and takes forever to settle back to idle, is this right???
firstly, where are the jets and mixture screw on the mikuni carbs???
and second, is there anyone around this weekend with jets kits to suit that wants to have a crack at tuning it for me now i have a half decent carby to start with...

newcarb1.jpg

newcarb2.jpg

also, if a moderator would kindly move this from the 'want to buy' section to a tech area it would be great as i am now after info on getting this carby running right on the ol' 110...

is it possible to rename the thread also? maybe 'setting up mikuni on 110cc lifan' or something...

cheers guys.

ok so its taking a long time to get back to idle.. ie; stays revving up for a while..

this is a pilot or mixture issue..but sometimes corrected adjusting the needle height

mixture screw is under the carby on the inlet manifold side.

also post up what jets are in it so we can comment further

baseline jetting for a 110 running a 22mm mikuni should be a #20 pilot, and a #92 or #95 main jet...
and before anyone starts, the #92 and #95 mikuni mains are smaller than OKO 92's and 95's....

yeah thts a good baseline setting, tho i have seen them pretty good with a 88 main too. just depends on how healthy the engine is

ok here's where i'm at, just got home from work, pulled carby off again and checked the jets.

its a 95 main jet and a 15 primary, needle is in mid position.

changed mixture from 2 turns out to 1 turn, no difference, still sluggy and takes ages to return to idle

mikjet1.jpg

these are the jets from the carby, are they standard mikuni jets from any mx store??

and what do you suggest to get this thing running right?

ok quoted from a link in my sig. Four-Stroke Carburetor Jetting Tricks on 4Strokes.com

Bike Runs On or Won't Idle Down When Throttle is Chopped

* Idle set too high
* Air leak in intake or engine
* Pilot too rich (when bike is hot)

so double check all gaskets/o rings on the inlet manifold.
check your valve clearances.
if you still have trouble then drop your raise the needle clip 1 notch and set the mixture at about 1.5 turns..
i doubt you need a leaner pilot

Latest posts

Back