Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazza614

Reaction score
Hello,
im new to this forum and sorta new to pit bikes (kinda) i'm 14 and bought my first pit bike 2 years ago however only ridden it 5 times due to not having a trailer to take it to a motocross track. (I've always relied on mates when they go)Its a Atomik Nitrous yx150 (Ive also got a second pit bike that i got for $150 (was going to use it as spare-parts but was to good of a bike to rip apart.) Anyway to My problem.:focus:
I was doing some painting some parts on my bike (Exhaust heat shield cover, timing chain cover or whatever its called (now i sound like i have no clue ha ha) and i was going to do the Air/fuel intake the pipe that connects the cylinder head to the carby. As i tried to undo the the bolts that screw into the engine one of them snapped clean inside the head and a quater of the bolt is still in the thread i tried to undo the other bolt But gave up Because it was very tight and didn't want two snapped bolts Ive watched videos on YouTube how to fix this by drilling and using a left handed bit or doing something else that involved drilling. i want to stay away from drilling in case i accidentally let the drill slip and ruin the housing or the shavings could go into the cylinder and that would be a pain in the a**e to get out. Also i don't want to have to take the cylinder head off due to the fact i had a motorized bike as well (now sold due to law change) and i took the head off and it took me three months to get it running again (due to having limited knowledge on these and a strict budget) anyway thats about it i also added a key to my pitbike so ill start a thread about that as wherever i look there is no instructional video on how to do this without it coming standed with the bike
Help will be appreciated
-Bazz

I would start by soaking that other bolt in some penetrating liquid, ie - Wd40 or similar.

And I would do this over the course of a few hours too, then give it another crack!
Hopefully the other bolt is just sitting above the head and your able to get at it with a set of vice grips...

Just remember to soak hell outa than one too!

Good luck mate. :thumbup:

Welcome to Miniriders,

The painting sounds good, are you using Engine Enamel ?
It is made to withstand the heat, and once baked on with the engine running it'll be petrol proof too.

Yeah, as Cordogs suggested spray some WD40, CRC or Inox onto the broken bolt and leave it for a couple of hours's, the sun/heat also helps it penetrate, spray a little more on it every half hour or so.

Looking down at the bolts make sure you are undoing them (anticlockwise) Lefty Loosey.

Do you have any decent Vise Grips ?
If you can clamp them on the tightest you can get them, and about 6mm in from the end of the tip, there's a good chance you will get the broken bolts out
I've found the pointy Vise Grips can hold the bolt better.

Picture001.jpg

12GZ29_AS01.JPG

Thanks both Cordogs and my67xr for the help I'll soak it with wd-40 tomorrow unfortunately I don't have any vice grips though I have some alligator pliers that might work if they don't it will be a trip to super cheap auto to get a vice grip haha thanks again
Bazza614

Last edited:
Also I forgot to add i used a metallic paint which is heat proof waterproof petrol proof etc and I used a grey etched primer will add photos if you want of what I could paint

sorry for a late reply better late then never i guess unfortunately i couldn't get the other bolt off after soaking both bolts in wd-40 twice. i cant get my socket wrench in and the only spanner that fit in keeps slipping so i decided to stop before i stripped the head of the bolt completely. I've taken your advice and going to super cheap tomorrow for vice grips
thanks guys for your help
-bazz

Latest posts

Back