Hi guys just sharing my lil Braaap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban rider

Reaction score
This is my 2016 Braaap urban, sorry if this is the wrong thread, didn't no where else to post.
9fbdf9bd32a552c4265ee8cdcd511039.jpg
d83f913a39a99fe97a45ffab697073b9.jpg
741aaba2eb1748958df55c69261f0841.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

thats a sweet ride, what size engine??
Its a 125, these are the mods so far honda mini bars, custom tail tidy, after market levers and indicator's, bar end mirrors of a chopper :) ummm removed baffle and air restrictor pipe.
Looking for some ideas for top end, 92km is just not enough, so any help would be great as im still learning, thanks.

Here's another pic, I'll take more soon.
4cee5b0e46d5fee1be54703a0a537f1b.jpg

So bigger sprocket hey? Hmm sorry to be a pest but where would I look for better coil and carby?? This might sound like a fully dumb question given that its a 125 but could it be restricted?

Bigger front sprocket or smaller rear will increase top speed at the expense of loosing some bottom end speed/power. 92kph is near the max of what to expect out of a 125 suggesting the gearing is a good mix off low down grunt and top speed.If it were me i wouldn't change the gearing as the fun of a small bike like that is the power to bring up the front wheel at low speed, getting a higher top speed would make this less easy. I wouldn't waste any money on a new coil or cdi, a flat slide carb will make it at least feel livelier but to be honest, the cheapest bang for buck power /speed increase is going to be buying a bigger motor. (Gpx125,140/150/160cc motors can be bought new for under $500, and come resale time you can pop the stock motor back in)The good thing this grom copy has over an actual grom is virtually any pitbike motor is just a bolt in proposition.

Last edited:
Bigger front sprocket or smaller rear will increase top speed at the expense of loosing some bottom end speed/power. 92kph is near the max of what to expect out of a 125 suggesting the gearing is a good mix off low down grunt and top speed.I wouldn't waste any money on a new coil or cdi, a flat slide carb will make it at least feel livelier but to be honest, the cheapest bang for buck power /speed increase is going to be buying a bigger motor. The good thing this grom copy has over an actual grom is virtually any pitbike motor is just a bolt in proposition
Thanks for the info, I see a few guys putting 14t sprockets on there bikes. Yeah a 250cc would be nice :)

Yeah after reading heaps of forums and watching grom engine swap vids, safe to say I'm sticking with the stock engine. I may change exhaust simply for cosmetic looks I think the stock ones a bit bulky on such a small bike. Cheers guys.

Thanks for the info, I see a few guys putting 14t sprockets on there bikes. Yeah a 250cc would be nice :)

You should be able to fit a 16tooth.....maybe even 17 tooth sprocket on the front for more top end speed.

You should be able to fit a 16tooth.....maybe even 17 tooth sprocket on the front for more top end speed.
Big job or something I could do myself?

Big job or something I could do myself?

easy job, just undo the 2 lock nuts on the sprocket, rotate the tab half a turn and slide off, sprocket will just slide off too.
sprockets are easy to find on e-bay, just make sure you measure the shaft diameter so you get the right size sprocket.
good luck.

easy job, just undo the 2 lock nuts on the sprocket, rotate the tab half a turn and slide off, sprocket will just slide off too.
sprockets are easy to find on e-bay, just make sure you measure the shaft diameter so you get the right size sprocket.
good luck.
Went for big ride today, she really struggles at 90 hey even with sprocket change I don't think its got the power to move any faster, when wind picks up bam I'm back at 80 haha. I'm not sure what to do.

Went for big ride today, she really struggles at 90 hey even with sprocket change I don't think its got the power to move any faster, when wind picks up bam I'm back at 80 haha. I'm not sure what to do.

If you want more top end speed then you seriously need a bigger engine.......bang for buck, z155/160HO or if you can afford it???........Daytona 190flx all the way, daytona will still pull in top gear with a 16-17 front sprocket.
You have a really nice setup there!!, whack a datona 190 in it and dont look back!!:applaudit:

If you want more top end speed then you seriously need a bigger engine.......bang for buck, z155/160HO or if you can afford it???........Daytona 190flx all the way, daytona will still pull in top gear with a 16-17 front sprocket.
You have a really nice setup there!!, whack a datona 190 in it and dont look back!!:applaudit:
Would you know of any links where I can check prices out for one?
Thanks for us help man

Latest posts

Back