1. If you are having issues logging back into the forum since the s/w transfer please use the CONTACT US in the bottom left corner of the main page. This will get you in contact with someone who will help you log back in.
    Dismiss Notice

High Performance CDI for Apollo RFZ X18???

Discussion in 'Ask the Tech Masters???' started by Radiatedjay, Dec 6, 2018.

Mini Dirt Bikes

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes:

1. Dec 6, 2018 #1

Radiatedjay

Radiatedjay

Radiatedjay

I just bought a brand new Apollo RFZ X18 and I've done a lot of research on things to check/replace before riding. One thing I noticed was that most people that install a Mikuni carb also upgrade their CDI. My issue is that my bike's wiring harness that plugs into the CDI has only 5 wires, 2 in one plug and 3 in a second plug. When I search for 5 pin CDI's, they have only one plug on them. Should I be looking for a 6 pin CDI (same plugs as the one on my bike) and just dont worry about the extra pin? I have not taken the OEM CDI out so I'm not sure if it's a 2x3 (5 pin) or a 2x4 (6 pin). I wont get a chance to check until next week because I'm out of town on business but I'd like to order one before then so it would be waiting on me when I get home. Also, how do I find out if I need an AC or DC fired CDI? Any recommendations on a specific brand or model of CDI?

Thanks for any help!
    Justin