High rev during cold start with choke on

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off let me say this bike blows hard but then again what do you expect, it is a Chinese bike. NEVER BUY FROM ORION EVER!!!!

Its a 125cc OPBS X with and after market pipe and full brand new electrical system

the whole electrical system when to pot after they set the CDI on the exhaust pipe and it melted it, resulting in everything getting messed up. I got a new stator, high performance CDI, wiring harness, and high performance coil. After putting it all on, the bike would not idle. i read online how to tune a carb and ever since then now when i cold start it with the choke on it sounds like ive got the throttle 3/4 open. when i turn off the choke the bike dies until it is warm, and if i try to put it half on it slowly dies. Also my throttle has got quite a pit of play in it when it is closed (i can wiggle it back and forth about 1/8). if this helps you figure out the problem it also pops like crazy when i am decelerating.

Any help would be great...thanks a bunch

p.s. im not much of a smiley face user cause all i do is frown being that the bike never wants to jive with me.

welcome to miniriders,

saying your bike blows because it's made in china is not too good mate?
there are a heap of happy china owners on here, i'm one of them.

if you want to fix your bike and get it running sweet this is the right forum to be on.

use the search button up the top of the page too.

it sounds like you may have a vacuum leak between the carby and the head somewhere?

spray some wd40/crc on all the carby to manifold and carby to head joins with it running
if the idle changes then there is the leak.

cheers, craig

i tried the wd40 and no change in idle...its also really sporadic when i open the throttle all the way and sometimes even dies. i think it could just be the jetting...possibly

that was very helpful thank you...i really appreciate your help

P.S. the only reason why i say never buy from them is because i bought a new bike from them back in July and they sent it to me broken with many defective parts and would not warranty it even though the website said they would, and after calling them they passed the blame off on the shipper Fed-Ex when we both knew it wasn't their fault.

Latest posts

Back