High Revs with clutch in

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kratos92

Reaction score
G'day guys, (TITLE: HIGH REVS WITH CLUTCH IN***)

I've bought a 2nd hand Atomik 250 XR Fury (2013 Model) and I have 2 questions which would love a response to!

It seems that ONLYwhile riding and I am coming to a stop/ slowing down for whatever reason; after i drop it into 1st gear and hold the clutch in while stopped, the revs are extremely high and won't drop.

Have already check the throttle cable and throttle play.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the choke, just to make sure tho incase the previous owner was wrong, i emailed ATOMIK and they said the choke is OFF when the lever is UP (1st photo) and oN when the lever is DOWN (2nd Photo)

10528135_10154321177075442_1447450340_n.jpg

10521215_10154321176960442_1425532813_n.jpg

Anyone confirm this and/or have any ideas about the high revs with clutch in?

Thank you in advance. Bit lost for ideas.

Last edited:
Hey mate, I own an Atomik Fury 250, not the XR model though. I wrote a review which can be found in my signature. How many hours has the engine done? Just having a look at the carb that came with the bike, the choke is off when the butterfly is fully open, allowing the most air to enter the carb. The problem you described, does it do it in nuetral?

Sound like an air leak in or around hte carby or manifold somewhere doesnt it blender?

It could be contributing, but an air leak would usually cause idling/revving problems, and cause it to run lean.

Another thing you could check is the carb slide is in the right way. Although, if it were in the wrong way the bike would be revving no matter what you did. I would check it for scratches and scores, they are only made out of plastic.

Thanks for the reply! I did see the thread but with 30 odd pages i thought I might just make a direct thread about the problem! With me the engines done only about 2 hours? the previous owner had done 180 km's on it.

Bike doesn't have high revs in neutral no.

I am a real newbie with bikes so how do i know when the butterfly is open or not?

hi, welcome to Miniriders,
don't forget to drop by and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you are here.

when the bike is warmed up and in neutral, you pull the clutch in and select 1st gear.
what happens then ?
do the revs rise ?

cheers, craig

with the choke, put up a pic of your carby
this thread might help you do that

Latest posts

Back