Hilli's Postie bike build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilli32

2014 VCM A Grade Champion
Reaction score
G'day all

Thought I would share my postie bike build on here. It's going to be pretty slow as it doesnt need to be ready until July and my only income is washing dishes on weekends!

The bike is an 08 which is tidy under the surface but the last owner neglected it abit. It seemed every piece of the bike they decided to take off, they lost the screws, so everything is mismatched but its not too big a drama

The main thing is why I got the bike so cheap, it had a knock whenever you rode it so of course we used that to our advantage when for it and ended up getting it for 600$ less than what he had it advertised for!

When I got it home I pulled the clutch cover off to see what the problem was, and as expected she had lost a tooth off the primary gear

Luckily we had a spare one in one of the many old ct 90 motors we have laying around and I was motoring again

Anyway the plans for it are:
Paint all the red yellow and all the chrome/silver black
fresh top end
New brake shoes
Pod filter and #80 main jet
downswept twin pipes -anyone know how these will go? KDF Twin Muffler Exhaust Pipe Z50 50 Double FOR Honda Monkey Z50J DAX ST70 CT70 | eBay

and make it generally roadworthy which it almost already is

Heres some pics of before and after, it doesnt look that much better but it runs alot nicer now

before
IMG_06541.jpg

After
IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Looks like a pretty clean bike to start with, nice.
It's surprising to see how many later model bikes have different bolts etc, and bodgy repairs.
Some mechanics and back yarders shouldn't be allowed near bikes !

I dont know if i'd run those pipes, depends on how it looks after the painting is done i guess

So it'll end up looking a bit like this, but with more black ?

BBikeairbox%20side%20all%20bike%20CROP.jpg

Should put dual Yoshi's on it man.

yeah man thought about it but i dont quite have that much $$ to spend on it hahah

Latest posts

Back