• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honda 50cc Stator covers wanted

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
WANTED: 12v side covers

CONDITION: any

PREFERED PRICE RANGE: <$100 each

EXTRA INFORMATION: looking to make my motors look more hondaish

Last edited:
ok,
yeah i trimmed mine back like at cutaway one, then sandblasted and resprayed it in 2 pack to match the Lifan 150 Gunmetal Grey.

My engines are raw finish 160z (in a street bike) so I wanna know if sand blasting will match I also have vht engine paint in there cast alumium color.

New covers are $100 each and ill he needing 2.

How u do the red?

genuine Honda cover , about $80 inc delivery
NEW Left Engine Stator Cover Genuine Honda Magneto Alternator W48 | eBay
Honda CT70 Left Side Engine Magneto Stator Sprocket Cover 50 70 | eBay
Honda XZ50 APE NEW Left Engine Motor Crankcase Stator Magneto Cover GN1 | eBay

repro ones are around too, $44 delivered
Flywheel Stator Engine Side Cover Honda SS50 SSZ50 S50 CL50 CL70 CD50 CD70 CS50 | eBay
$50 inc delivery
Flywheel Stator Engine Side Cover Honda C50 C70 C90 C100 C102 C105 CM90 CM91 | eBay

i posted up some links a while ago in the Random Radness thread

to paint them, mask it up, cut out around the letters if you need to, then etch prime, and paint.

i polished my Honda letters first, then masked them and sandblasted the whole cover.
then once i had painted it, i wet rubbed the letters again with fine(1500) w&d, to rub the paint off the letters, then polished them up
the rest of the cover needs to be masked again, so you don't wet rub the sandblasted bits, and the polish won't go on the alloy

sandblasting leaves the alloy very dry, good for etch primer to stick to.
i would suggest you get them wet look bead blasted, most motorcycle repairers can do it, or know someone that can
then give them a coat of Satin Clear engine enamel to make them easier to keep clean.

Last edited:
Will both of those repo ones fit a 12v engine. Yea plain blasted would be very porus hopefully the vht coating matches and looks ok.

Latest posts

Back