How Can I Stop Spitting Flames

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate My Posts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I was working on a bike last week and it ran perfect though it spat flames from the exhaust I thought maybe it was the exhaust?
Anyway im asking because I may be riding this bike this weekend so I need to fix the problem.
Thanks
Lance Burrows
:handshake:

so if he fits tht its going to solve all his problems?
what if its a bad carb tune or valve adjustment or as simple as replacing the exhaust gasket...

most stupidest advise iv seen for a while

You know what they say: Ask a stupid question...

He asked how to stop the bike spitting flames, not how to fix whatever was causing it. If people used the search function before posting a thread (with a poll for some reason I can't fathom), the thread wouldn't exist. Apparently it "ran perfect though it spat flames from the exhaust"... That implies that the tune is close to correct (a little rich most likely) and the engine isn't running hot, therefore I'm suggesting the most logical solution for his 'problem'!

There is more than enough information in existing threads and the tech section of the forum to sort his problem out.

Why don't you offer some advice of your own rather than rubbishing mine? :boink:

Don't get me started on your grammar and spelling (or his for that matter)!

so if he fits tht its going to solve all his problems?
what if its a bad carb tune or valve adjustment or as simple as replacing the exhaust gasket...

most stupidest advise iv seen for a while

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no your the most stupidest aha, nice grammer man

You know what they say: Ask a stupid question...

He asked how to stop the bike spitting flames, not how to fix whatever was causing it. If people used the search function before posting a thread (with a poll for some reason I can't fathom), the thread wouldn't exist. Apparently it "ran perfect though it spat flames from the exhaust"... That implies that the tune is close to correct (a little rich most likely) and the engine isn't running hot, therefore I'm suggesting the most logical solution for his 'problem'!

There is more than enough information in existing threads and the tech section of the forum to sort his problem out.

Why don't you offer some advice of your own rather than rubbishing mine? :boink:

Don't get me started on your grammar and spelling (or his for that matter)!

if thats yr lame excuse for being retarded then i got no answer..

but if you cant help someone properly or dont know what the fuk yr on about then shut the fuk up..

and as for my advise, did you not read my post properly..

and shove ya fukn grammar up ya fukn ass mate... i think everyone is sick of hearing your grammar rubbish..
this is a forum not fukn school..

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no your the most stupidest aha, nice grammer man

and whats yr problem wanker, take a look thru all your posts over the past months, i bet you cant even understand them yourself...

:flipa: 1 for each of you..

:focus:

Reactions: TyD
Come on guys, I wasn't aiming to turn this into a sh!t fight over grammar...

Sean01 - I usually appreciate your technical expertise, I'm not rubbishing you for that, just for not supplying it the first time around and jumping all over my 2 second answer... As for grammar, if you are going to rubbish someone, at least do it eloquently! Also, if that's your lame excuse for technical advice, wow.

Lance - Hit up the technical section or use the search function, good luck getting it sorted :)

If anyone wants to have a go at me about correcting their grammar/spelling, go nuts. It is discussed in the forum guidelines; I can't help it if no one wants to read the rules!

Last edited:
+reps for your reply Sean.:boxing: lol.

I was working on a bike last week and it ran perfect though it spat flames from the exhaust I thought maybe it was the exhaust?
Anyway im asking because I may be riding this bike this weekend so I need to fix the problem.
Thanks
Lance Burrows
:handshake:

Hi Lance, if your backfiring and spitting flames out the exhaust it is typically one of two things.

1. Air leak after carby or exhaust gasket
2. incorect tune (timing out)

let us know how you go & welcome to MR mate, enjoy your stay

Latest posts

Back