how do i know a medium sized fame when i see one?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim_

Reaction score
ok so as almost everyone on this site knows im looking for a medium sized bike.... now i have been seeing a lot of bikes with 50 style plastics but a lot of frame showing...
so im wondering what style of frame are they and if it would be a good starting point for a medium sized build....

here is what i mean
Fuse 125cc - Pit Bike - Dirt Bike

crf70, klx110 and ttr/lxr are all built with midsize frames.
the frame in the picture is what i would believe to be a ttr110 style frame (other members may correct me though)
how much money you're willing to spend on a build or buy will sum it up.
as with the 17" front and 14" rear bikes, i find that they feel a lot bigger then what you would call a "medium" bike. for me (5 foot, 7) i found they were slighty awkward to ride, but thats just my opinion.
it really all depends on you height, personal preference and of course how much your willing to spend.

hope i could help
viper

Last edited:
thats a midsize bike but go on ebay and buy a atomic bigfoot they have a 17-14 tire combo and can handle anything you through at them they the largest pit bikes and they are massive compared to others and they can be bought for under 800 bucks including shipping if you look around did i mention they have a 125-140-160 yx motors much better then the fuse but your choice your money

if you need help just ask
im not buying the fuse.. im just wanting know the differences in frames when i see em.... instead of always asking people.. trying to expand my knowledge is all.. and i have done my research on atomiks and yes i like the yx motors im actually trying to find a cheap 125 bigfoot and put my atomik nitrous 150 engine in it and then start modding so it suits my personal preference...

crf70, klx110 and ttr/lxr are all built with midsize frames.
the frame in the picture is what i would believe to be a ttr110 style frame (other members may correct me though)
how much money you're willing to spend on a build or buy will sum it up.
as with the 17" front and 14" rear bikes, i find that they feel a lot bigger then what you would call a "medium" bike. for me (5 foot, 7) i found they were slighty awkward to ride, but thats just my opinion.
it really all depends on you height, personal preference and of course how much your willing to spend.

hope i could help
viper

+reps mate thanks for that.... honestly im looking for a run down big foot i can restore and rebuild to something i can ride... im 6 foot 2 and i weigh 95 kilo... so the big foots are the prefect size for me.. dont get me wrong im still keeping my nitrous it wilol be just running a smaller engine.... that way i can still stay a member here:p and i still like to ride the crf style i just want some thing bigger so im not so restricted to certain places to ride....

cheers man.
oww so your 6 foot 2, a bigfoot may be a good go then.
have you tried gumtree yet? normally you can find ok bikes on there, especially if you're looking at upgrading it.

thats a midsize bike but go on ebay and buy a atomic bigfoot they have a 17-14 tire combo and can handle anything you through at them they the largest pit bikes and they are massive compared to others and they can be bought for under 800 bucks including shipping if you look around did i mention they have a 125-140-160 yx motors much better then the fuse but your choice your money

if you need help just ask

What are you? an Atomik sales rep or something??? This is not a wtb thread....

bahahahahahaha REPS TO CALRTS!!! i was thinking the same thing!!!! hahahahhahaha look at the other post jesseSR10 has posted.. sounds like a sales rep... lol

cheers man.
oww so your 6 foot 2, a bigfoot may be a good go then.
have you tried gumtree yet? normally you can find ok bikes on there, especially if you're looking at upgrading it.

yeah checked on gumtree just found that alot of people seem to think things are worth more then they really are...
case and point....
Lifan trail bike | Motorcycles & Scooters | Gumtree Logan Central

then there is other bikes which run that which they still want top dollar for even tho a new one is only about 200 more...
thumpster | Motorcycles & Scooters | Gumtree Carina Heights

Latest posts

Back